Citroen oli concept

The place to discuss everything else..
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

This is a typical wacky Citroen design & I’d love to see it developed into reality though even with Citroens history of producing unique cars I cannot see much of the design actually making it into production.

Citroen oli concept – reversing the trend for heavier cars
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I wonder if the underlying concept will have enough appetite with consumers.

Generally, bigger/heavier/more kit/more comfort is the utility people are after. Will any ideals regarding materials/sourcing/environmental impact overcome those, probably not.

Imagine if the e didn't have a dash and you used your phone instead? it would limit its appeal somewhat.

I understand concepts are supposed to be futuristic, but why would anyone want a car specifically because its light/recycled/etc , it doesn't play to the utility aspect. Perhaps if it was a sports car...

Interior looks cool though, but not keen on the outside, looks back to front :lol:
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
Wee Peem

Post by Wee Peem »

An Electric 2CV ? !
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Surprised by the comments here. Ok, I’m old. Can remember when most cars weighed less than a ton*. Reducing weight is important to improve efficiency, which should be a key factor for all of us. But we seemed to have lost sight of that years ago. Cars have got so much bigger, and heavier, and so have many of the people that drive them. As for scrapping infotainment for your phone. It seems smart idea, if it saves money (and a some more weight).

*safety features have added lots of weight, plus all the kit people now have to carry in their cars.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

This is the question - will consumers want lighter? Will it feel cheap compared to the last car?

To take it to the extreme, who'd want a renault twizzy? If cars could be made lighter, they would have done it already (manufacturers are forced to meet ever higher targets for emissions)

Like the electric car, a light car would end up more expensive most likely.

If I think back to my metro GTi, toyota mr1 mk1, citroen saxo etc , none of these felt quality or were particularly big, but they were all light (typical construction).
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I think that the general population would prefer lighter cars especially as they would be more efficient and therefore cheaper to run and also more likely to be cheaper to manufacture.

My other car is listed as 975kg, though it is 21 old.

The reason cars are now heavier is because government regulations have forced a particular type of car to be made and marketed, i.e. the SUV.

Here’s someone’s view on why a particular type of car was produced:
Kei cars are Japan’s SUVs
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

My smart Roadster is only 790kg, my Morgan 3.0 V6 Roadster was only 950 kg, my GT86 was only 1200 kg, my Honda e (small city car!) Is 1600kg the same weight as my old 1.9 TDI Audi A4 Avant was.

Unfortunately currently batteries are a heavy old lump.

I like light cars, but I'll admit heavy cars have an advantage of stability in strong winds on the open roads something lighter cars can be susceptible to.
Ex e owner

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post