Android Auto "Coolwalk"

All Honda E related discussions
ShittyWizard

Post by ShittyWizard »

Hey all!

I unsuccessfully tried to get Android Auto's new UI "Coolwalk" to work on my e. According to my tests with Headunit Reloaded (HUR), my app version is correct (I tried 8.6.6250 and 8.7.1301 beta) and my account is "Coolwalk" ready. Despite all the force closes, restarts and cache clears the new UI refuses to work in my e and all I get is the old UI.

Has anybody gotten it to work?

Cheers and have fun!

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

What is the app version when coolwall is expected to work? I'm only on 8.5.624594-release , but stuck on android 12 which might be the reason.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

I've got it a couple of days ago... not much changed, only one screen is usable (for both to be available Honda has to update the head unit).
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + βœŒοΈπŸŽ‚
ShittyWizard

Post by ShittyWizard »

EEEE wrote: ↑Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:28 am What is the app version when coolwall is expected to work? I'm only on 8.5.624594-release , but stuck on android 12 which might be the reason.
I think 8.5. but 8.6. for sure.
ShittyWizard

Post by ShittyWizard »

FDAD wrote: ↑Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:34 pm I've got it a couple of days ago... not much changed, only one screen is usable (for both to be available Honda has to update the head unit).
Shame, I highly doubt Honda is gonna update... It's still on Android 8 after all lol. Did you do anything special to make it work? Are you connected wired or via Bluetooth?
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

ShittyWizard wrote: ↑Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:08 pm
FDAD wrote: ↑Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:34 pm I've got it a couple of days ago... not much changed, only one screen is usable (for both to be available Honda has to update the head unit).
Shame, I highly doubt Honda is gonna update... It's still on Android 8 after all lol. Did you do anything special to make it work? Are you connected wired or via Bluetooth?
Didn't do a thing, it just started with the new UI, (coolwalk is activated server side), I use it via WIFI currently.
I actually don't like the clock and notifications in the bottom, I have to take my eyes from the road too much, everything else is nice.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + βœŒοΈπŸŽ‚
ShittyWizard

Post by ShittyWizard »

FDAD wrote: ↑Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:55 am
ShittyWizard wrote: ↑Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:08 pm
Didn't do a thing, it just started with the new UI, (coolwalk is activated server side), I use it via WIFI currently.
I actually don't like the clock and notifications in the bottom, I have to take my eyes from the road too much, everything else is nice.
Okay, thanks for the info! With HUR I do get the new UI, so I thought the server side was good in my case. Since I am currently connectied via USB I will try wireless and if that fails, I can only wait :) would be nice if Honda would update the head unit though.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

It worked fine in mine without any faffing about, I am on Android 13 on my Sony phone.
Ex e owner

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post