Charging port cover won't open

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
salix

Post by salix »

I've just got back from a long drive, down to 8%, so I need to charge before I can go anywhere, and the charging port cover won't open! I have tried both using the button on the front of the car, and the button on the key fob, but no reaction to either. Has anyone had this problem, or know of a solution? Thanks in advance!
Advance charge yellow 16" alloys, 2020 bought used 2022

tiitsu

Post by tiitsu »

Hi,

Never had such issue... You could also try to open it from infotainment system and under the bonnet is manual lever

bonnet.png

Honda e Advance 2020
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

The picture in the manual doesn't really help tell you where it is in the 'engine' bay.

It is right at the front of the car, directly next to the charge port tub.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
salix

Post by salix »

Thank you so much - I will try this and let you know how I get on. At the very least it gives me something else to try before I resort to calling Honda. Much appreciated!
salix

Post by salix »

Thank you again, EEEE - it worked. It wasn't altogether clear *how* it worked, in that nothing happened when I pulled the lever, but when I then pressed the button, the lid opened with no problem. Very relieved to know this workaround for the future. I had tried looking it up in the manual, but I was using the search term charging port 'cover' rather than 'lid', so thank you!
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

That's odd - my understanding is that the cable pull is a physical release. I suspect possibly that the lever had previously been moved when opening the bonnet perhaps, which prevented opening (car probably thought it was already open?)

Still, glad you got it open!
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post