What is that jingle sound?

All Honda E related discussions
keithr

Post by keithr »

Occasionally just after turning the car on my Honda e will play a short jingle (multiple note tune) - a bit like a computer having just booted up or announcing the arrival of new e-mails. Whenever it plays the jingle I check the screens but there is no visible indication of anything that I should take notice of and nothing different from normal. So I'm puzzled why it plays the jingle. The car never used to do it, and it only does it now and again, not every time I turn the car on. Does anybody else hear a jingle?

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I have heard this only once. It's like you won a prize on a gameshow (I seem to recall it was just 3 or 4 notes, in ascending pitch, a confirmation / happy sound if you will).

It happened the day or so after I had been fiddling with Bluetooth and car play settings on my phone and other cars. Perhaps it indicates a successful Bluetooth connection or car play ability or similar? I could be wrong. I seem to recall a slight difference in the icons on the very top of the infotainment display (where the phone power/signal/satellite status is displayed) but it quickly went to normal so couldn't detail what it was that was different.

I have only heard it once in over an entire year. I couldn't say if it comes out of the speakers, or central speaker, or an inbuilt speaker somewhere behind the dash.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

EEEE wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:43 pm I have heard this only once. It's like you won a prize on a gameshow (I seem to recall it was just 3 or 4 notes, in ascending pitch, a confirmation / happy sound if you will).

It happened the day or so after I had been fiddling with Bluetooth and car play settings on my phone and other cars. Perhaps it indicates a successful Bluetooth connection or car play ability or similar? I could be wrong. I seem to recall a slight difference in the icons on the very top of the infotainment display (where the phone power/signal/satellite status is displayed) but it quickly went to normal so couldn't detail what it was that was different.

I have only heard it once in over an entire year. I couldn't say if it comes out of the speakers, or central speaker, or an inbuilt speaker somewhere behind the dash.
Ha - yes, your theory coincides with my observations and circumstances. I think you are right...
UrbanMobility

Post by UrbanMobility »

Maybe Sat Nav Update?
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

I am experiencing it almost every time I drive my car. I am using wired android auto and always listening to audio books. During the jingle the book stops and then continues (hence I am fully aware of the jingle). Typically, the jingle happens when I am exiting my garage or my underground parking. This makes me believe that the car or the phone connect to something (wifi?) hence the jingle. Are you using your phone with your car when the jingle is played?
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Me too but I have wired android auto and chromecast always connected, so I was thinking it was the chromecast since I did an update just before it started but since everybody is hearing it it must be android auto then.
keithr

Post by keithr »

MaXPainT wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:49 pm Are you using your phone with your car when the jingle is played?
No, I've never tried connecting my phone to the car, and even if I have my smart phone on me it will be turned off. However, now that you mention it I do mostly hear the jingle when I have just picked up a passenger, so I wonder if it's indicating that it's detected his phone, i.e. a Bluetooth device? Although I'm sure I've also heard it, less frequently, when it's just been me in the car. I'll try and remember next time to look to see if it displays the Bluetooth logo on the display.
keithr

Post by keithr »

I had the jingle occur again yesterday with just me in the car and I didn't have my phone with me. However, I did have my Android notepad with me and it was turned on. I checked and the Bluetooth was turned off on the notepad, but the WiFi was turned on (and possibly had Internet connection), so maybe the jingle is to let you know that the car has detected a WiFi device in range?
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Had the jingle again today at lunch time. Only the 2nd time...

Nothing out of the ordinary as far as I can tell. Colleague and I got in as usual to pop to the shop for some snacks, about 30 yards after we drove off the jingle played.

I had put the car on pre-heat for about 4 minutes before we got in (via the app).

Haven't done anything with the car setup/menus at all recently, and both of us had our normal devices with us (Neither of which are paired with the car).
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
Mailforkev

Post by Mailforkev »

Cold weather conditions warning bing?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post