MyHonda+ App in unsupported country

All Honda E related discussions
hondaeboy

Post by hondaeboy »

hondaero wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:56 pm I believe all of us should make our voices heard (e.g. email, through dealer), in a constructive way allowing Honda to improve.
Well, you make some excellent points. It actually made me decide to write an e-mail after all. Let's see what happens!
2021 Honda e Advance on 16" RC30 wheels with Goodyear 195/55 & 205/55 tyres.
Wrapped in Red metallic with full black and cinnamon leather interior.

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

hondaeboy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:21 pm
hondaero wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:13 pm Any news on getting My Honda App working in unsupported country ? I'm based in Romania and the app is NOT working here :(. Honda e remains the only electric car not having connected service working :(.
I wonder if you should keep your hopes up.

I'm in a so-called "supported" country, but I also cannot get it to work. My dealer honestly told me the app is so sh*t that I would probably be more annoyed with the app working than without the app at all. Honda also doesn't seem to include it in newer car models anymore.

When prompted to call the 00800 Honda number, I was forwarded to a call centre that seemed to be located in Eastern Europe with a person that seemed to try to want to talk Flemmish. All they could come up with was that there was a malfunction for a little while, and that I should try again (which obviously did not help). I should write an e-mail to customer.service@honda-eu.com. But my own dealer had been trying to do that for 2 weeks now, and they were made to jump through all kinds of hoops (I was allowed to look in there support ticket system to see what happened). It was ridiculous. They asked my dealer to supply all kinds of evidence of what steps they had already taken to solve the problem. Then Honda support said "OK, we will forward it", and then they closed the ticket system after 4 days by default without responding, as if the problem was dealt with. Really stupid.

I have given up on the MyHonda+ app.
It took 3 months of my time getting the app working on my car :(
In the UK the the app is still available on new cars, both the 'e' & Jazz.

The only reason the dealer is telling you the app is useless is because they can't be bothered to read the very simple instructions provided by Honda and actually set up your car correctly.
It's not great but is a lot better now than at launch mid 2020.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
hondaeboy

Post by hondaeboy »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:01 pm The only reason the dealer is telling you the app is useless is because they can't be bothered to read the very simple instructions provided by Honda and actually set up your car correctly.
In this case it's more like Honda EU can't be bothered to get this sorted or even properly communicate with their dealers.

I seriously have the best dealer and not the types to "not be bothered". They have been for the past 20 years. They really go out of their way for their clients. When asked for a test drive, they gave the car for 2 whole days, no questions asked, and hours upon hours, days, and weeks of talking everything through. It might sound not like a car dealer, but they are really go out of their way for their clients.

They literally showed me Honda's back-end portal, how the portal works, all the steps they took to get it to work, and how it keeps giving an error - for them too. I could even see that it was not an issue of a previous owner, because no other customer was linked to my car. They also showed me all the messages they sent to Honda, and all the proof and screenshots they had to send to show that they followed Honda's "very simple instructions". I also read all the communications my dealer received back, and how the whole thread was just flagged as "handled" after 4 days by Honda with the message "Yeah, will forward it".

I do believe the app works better now than it did in the past. IF and WHEN you get it to work and/or are allowed to use it.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

hondaero wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:56 pm
I believe all of us should make our voices heard (e.g. email, through dealer), in a constructive way allowing Honda to improve. Clearly the platform is not their strong point however there might be reasons for them to progress.

If more ideas on the process I / we should follow, please share.

Thanks
~amo~
If Honda wanted to improve this car or itself It would have done so...
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
hondaero

Post by hondaero »

hondaeboy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:03 pm
londiniumperson wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:01 pm The only reason the dealer is telling you the app is useless is because they can't be bothered to read the very simple instructions provided by Honda and actually set up your car correctly.
In this case it's more like Honda EU can't be bothered to get this sorted or even properly communicate with their dealers.

I seriously have the best dealer and not the types to "not be bothered". They have been for the past 20 years. They really go out of their way for their clients. When asked for a test drive, they gave the car for 2 whole days, no questions asked, and hours upon hours, days, and weeks of talking everything through. It might sound not like a car dealer, but they are really go out of their way for their clients.

They literally showed me Honda's back-end portal, how the portal works, all the steps they took to get it to work, and how it keeps giving an error - for them too. I could even see that it was not an issue of a previous owner, because no other customer was linked to my car. They also showed me all the messages they sent to Honda, and all the proof and screenshots they had to send to show that they followed Honda's "very simple instructions". I also read all the communications my dealer received back, and how the whole thread was just flagged as "handled" after 4 days by Honda with the message "Yeah, will forward it".

I do believe the app works better now than it did in the past. IF and WHEN you get it to work and/or are allowed to use it.
It would say it is rather a question of knowledge and integration points between dealers and Honda's digital team.

Btw, what error do you get ?

Thanks
~amo~
2023 Honda e Red Advance on 16" Michelin 195/55 & 205/55 tyres.
hondaeboy

Post by hondaeboy »

hondaero wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:22 am It would say it is rather a question of knowledge and integration points between dealers and Honda's digital team. Btw, what error do you get ?
It simply says "Honda cannot comply with your request at this time. Please try again later." When you try again, you get a link to the horrible customer service.

At my dealer it gives them the same error, because the car is listed as a German car, in stead of a Dutch car. The Honda dealer portal gives them the option to (usually) change this quite easily, but they then get the same error.

I did receive an email back from Honda. They tried to give me the run around like they had already done my dealer. I told them to maybe find it in their hearts to properly answer their own dealers first.
hondaero

Post by hondaero »

Is this error before or after PIN pairing ?

While the system is quite complex, there are few checkpoints the dealer can do (TCU enabled, connectivity to global server, signal strength). Also few service bulletins available instructing on the steps to follow by the dealer including a customer interview :)

When you say:
The Honda dealer portal gives them the option to (usually) change this quite easily, but they then get the same error.
is it something you have seen ?
Is it a change they can operate themselves (e.g a switch) or rather a ticket to open with Connected Services department ?

Thanks
~amo~
hondaeboy

Post by hondaeboy »

hondaero wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:48 pm Is this error before or after PIN pairing ?
This is right at the point of PIN generation. So I enter my VIN, agree to the terms, the app actually finds my car, and tells me to press a button to have them show me a PIN on the car's display. Apps gives an error and PIN is never generated or shown.
hondaero wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:48 pm is it something you have seen ?
Is it a change they can operate themselves (e.g a switch) or rather a ticket to open with Connected Services department ?
Yes, they showed me step by step, after they invited me behind their desk to look along on their monitors. They entered my VIN, and showed me the car details. The first time around it was still attached to the previous owner, and they successfully unpaired this person from the car. Then they showed that the car was registered to Germany. And the portal shows a tiny link next to the country that says "change country". When they clicked it last time, it showed an endless loading icon. But this time
around it just showed an error, telling them if wasn't possible without any details why.

They then had to use the Honda ticket system to provide all kinds of stuff, which they did.

- name and city of the dealer
- email address used to create the account
- cell phone number
- have the "Terms and Conditions" been accepted in the application?
- the date the TCU was activated by the dealer in normal mode
- VIN vehicle chassis number
- did you fill in the VIN with capital letters
- Has the Confirmation of Ownership been made?
- have notifications been activated in the application and in the car?
- screenshot of the error message
- brief description of the problem

Then they said they would deal with it, and marked it as "closed" after a couple of days, without a proper reply.
hondaero

Post by hondaero »

Thanks for sharing additional details.

Have you tried to generate the PIN while using Germany on first screen (select country) ?

Thanks
~amo~
hondaeboy

Post by hondaeboy »

hondaero wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:29 am Have you tried to generate the PIN while using Germany on first screen (select country) ?
Yes, I was actually about to try that, but the app now only gives me the option to choose Hungary, Norway, Poland, or Netherlands. :lol: