Harry's Garage - Honda e Review

All Honda E related discussions
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Well, it's been a while, but here's another review, this time from Harry Metcalf of Harry's Garage. Yes, it mentions the aquarium and there's the odd bit of inaccuracy along the way, but all in all it's pretty positive, especially of the drivability of the car.

Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I watched this a couple of hours ago.
Now I know why I don't watch Harry, he makes no effort to ensure that he has the correct facts, it's littered with inaccuracies and he's obviously anti EV with his insistent that Honda should sold this as a 3 cylinder petrol engine 48V hybrid :roll:
As a professional 'journalist' with an opinionated view, at the very least he should be professional enough to get this facts correct. There are many more amateur YouTubers doing a far better job than he does.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

londiniumperson wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:00 pm I watched this a couple of hours ago.
Now I know why I don't watch Harry, he makes no effort to ensure that he has the correct facts, it's littered with inaccuracies and he's obviously anti EV with his insistent that Honda should sold this as a 3 cylinder petrol engine 48V hybrid :roll:
As a professional 'journalist' with an opinionated view, at the very least he should be professional enough to get this facts correct. There are many more amateur YouTubers doing a far better job than he does.
Yeah, I mean that's all fair (and I don't watch his videos as a rule, I dipped into this one as I - like you - have a personal stake).

The "should have sold this as an ICE/hybrid" is a common non-owner comment and it does strike me as the sort of comment made by someone who has put precisely *zero* thought into the implication of that notion, especially when - in this case - he goes on to talk about how well balanced the car is. You want to ruin that? rip out the entire power train and level in something else with an entirely different weight distribution? Or and the same goes for the "just add a bigger battery", and that would do what to the handling? And then you complain the *current* curb weight is too high.

Anyway, needed to get that out of my system apparently.
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I thought it was a fair review. I'm not sure which parts were factually incorrect?

He didn't say it had to be a petrol, just that it would have been more successful had it have been. It's true, it's a 2nd car for most people and that makes it viable/attractive. He is correct that it's cost is not sensible, and you buy it because you love it not because it makes sense. I don't think anyone can disagree with that.

I don't think the reviews should focus on facts and figures, all of that is attainable through reading various releases elsewhere, I prefer a reviewer to give their feedback about how it makes them feel. After all, we can all download the manual or the spec forms and read it, but at the end of the day the personal review is about how it makes someone feel.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
hondaero

Post by hondaero »

I believe it is more a review about feelings and emotions then pure facts ... at the end I've liked it :).

Thanks
~amo~
2023 Honda e Red Advance on 16" Michelin 195/55 & 205/55 tyres.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post