Rear license plate came loose

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

Today someone pointed out that my license plate at the rear was coming off. Another drive and I would have lost it. A bit flimsy for such an expensive car.

advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

I lost my Front Plate to a pheasant. My wife insisted we try to reclaim it from the roadside, which we did later. However I lost count how many pieces we picked up. Of the Number Plate, someone had taken the pheasant.
Not a pleasant experience......
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Larbor wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:01 pm Today someone pointed out that my license plate at the rear was coming off. Another drive and I would have lost it. A bit flimsy for such an expensive car.
It's nothing to do the cost of a car, all car number plates are fitted on by the stealer.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Accord

Post by Accord »

Noticed mine were only fitted with two screws (by dealer) , so it's rattling a bit up and down.

The front was fixed with two OEM screws, and the dealer had used some sticky adhesive (non-curing) to make it stick without rattling.
Weird how they didn't do that in the rear though. They had also installed it crooked, so I fixed that. Guess I'll either install a couple more screws or some more sticky adhesive if I can find it.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post