Hi all

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
Isotope Toast

Post by Isotope Toast »

I have the charge port cover and I use it all the time. Unless I'm in a park garage or it's a beautiful sunny day, I use it. It rains a lot where I live, there's lots of dew in the morning, it can be very humid, etc.; and in the winter, the dew freezes, there is lots of very light rain etc.
It protects not only the carging port (keep it free of dust, dirt, leaves, water, frost, etc.), but also wraps around the one handle of the charging cable. It also blocks the blue charging light at night, if that's something wanted. I know the charging port has drain holes and works fine without it, but for me, the extra protection is worth it.

YogiX

Post by YogiX »

Isotope Toast wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:27 am I have the charge port cover and I use it all the time. Unless I'm in a park garage or it's a beautiful sunny day, I use it. It rains a lot where I live, there's lots of dew in the morning, it can be very humid, etc.; and in the winter, the dew freezes, there is lots of very light rain etc.
It protects not only the carging port (keep it free of dust, dirt, leaves, water, frost, etc.), but also wraps around the one handle of the charging cable. It also blocks the blue charging light at night, if that's something wanted. I know the charging port has drain holes and works fine without it, but for me, the extra protection is worth it.
Thanks. That’s all makes sense. Only get a few dry months out of the year and the car will be pointing towards the road, shining the blue light. So I’m leaning towards the cover.
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Unless you charge and live under a messy tree , you probably wont need it.

It drains water itself, so only large debris or snow can accumulate. But it snows rarely in the south of UK, so I've never felt I needed it.

What you will need is some black tape, to cover up the stupidly bright blue light that will flash into your upstairs windows whilst charging.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
YogiX

Post by YogiX »

EEEE wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:47 am Unless you charge and live under a messy tree , you probably wont need it.

It drains water itself, so only large debris or snow can accumulate. But it snows rarely in the south of UK, so I've never felt I needed it.

What you will need is some black tape, to cover up the stupidly bright blue light that will flash into your upstairs windows whilst charging.
Thanks for sharing. I will probably leave it and see if we need it. Our next door neighbours do have a massive oak tree that sheds its leaves all over our drive winter time, so will see if that causes an issue. Fortunately we have a hedge separating our drive and garden so the light shouldn’t be an issue.