Tyre wear

All Honda E related discussions
upsilon

Post by upsilon »

londiniumperson wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:49 am
upsilon wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:19 am Guess it might be that's why they list it as ZR for the 17s in the manual.
I’ve missed the reason of ZR, please can you explain this to me?
Normally better construction therefore higher speed rating

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

upsilon wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:18 pm
upsilon wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:19 am Guess it might be that's why they list it as ZR for the 17s in the manual.
I know what a ZR rated tyre is, but what is the reason for your comment?
Guess it might be that's why they list it as ZR for the 17s in the manual.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
upsilon

Post by upsilon »

londiniumperson wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:36 pm
upsilon wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:18 pm
I know what a ZR rated tyre is, but what is the reason for your comment?
Guess it might be that's why they list it as ZR for the 17s in the manual.
I misunderstood the previous msg, I thought the new set without the ZR were giving the side wear problems and therefore guessed the ZR might had been better constructed sidewall which didn't have the same problem.
vulgaris_magistralis

Post by vulgaris_magistralis »

I see that the majority is favoring the Michelin Primacy 4, which made me wonder. Then why not the EV dedicated version, Michelin E Primacy? That was the model I had in my scope for the next tire change. Am I missing something?
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

The primacy 4 is too hard in my opinion. Once the new tyre feeling wears off, the poise of the car is affected and it just feels a little bit unsettled.

Initially I did notice a slightly higher efficiency, but my long term average seems about the same as before. Perhaps the tyres are manufactured in a way that gives an initial improvement and during testing, but long term it isn't realised.

I'd stick to a standard tyre so that the car retains its more natural balance and feel with regards to grip. The primacy 4 does have grip, but it doesn't have the feel, it feels wooden. I think EV tyres are probably best avoided on the E as it's not as heavy as most of the SUV type vehicles that those tyres are probably aimed at.

I don't think the primacy 4 EV was available when I ordered, or not available in both sizes as required for the stepped e setup
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
vulgaris_magistralis

Post by vulgaris_magistralis »

EEEE wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:09 pm The primacy 4 is too hard in my opinion. Once the new tyre feeling wears off, the poise of the car is affected and it just feels a little bit unsettled.

Initially I did notice a slightly higher efficiency, but my long term average seems about the same as before. Perhaps the tyres are manufactured in a way that gives an initial improvement and during testing, but long term it isn't realised.

I'd stick to a standard tyre so that the car retains its more natural balance and feel with regards to grip. The primacy 4 does have grip, but it doesn't have the feel, it feels wooden. I think EV tyres are probably best avoided on the E as it's not as heavy as most of the SUV type vehicles that those tyres are probably aimed at.

I don't think the primacy 4 EV was available when I ordered, or not available in both sizes as required for the stepped e setup
The Yokohamas that came with the car (16'') just don't feel right. It is hard to put into words but they don't give me confidence and the car feels like it is wandering a lot (no alignment issues btw, already tested). E is my first RWD car, so I'm not sure if it is the RWD feeling or the tires either. But I'd definitely like to improve it; especially the braking distance. I had a couple of rear end close calls in city speeds of 50-80km/hr.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post