HDMI and music at the same time?

All Honda E related discussions
Benji

Post by Benji »

Has anyone discovered a method for simultaneously viewing HDMI content while playing music from a different source?

In my situation, I would like to connect a Raspberry Pi to the HDMI port to access basic OBD data from my car using car scanner and power cruise control. However, when I attempt this, the music playback stops. Additionally, when I resume playing music via Android Auto, the music player interface inconveniently appears on top of the HDMI display. This issue also arises during phone calls, where a pop-up emerges on the HDMI screen with a message like "audio cannot be used during a phone call." Since I don't require audio functionality, it would be preferable to allow me to use the HDMI display without audio. This design flaw seems quite counterintuitive.

Has anyone achieved success in rooting Android on the E?

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

It should be possible to disable the HDMI sound driver on the Pi, how I don’t know but I’d have thought that a Google search should help.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Benji

Post by Benji »

londiniumperson wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:53 pm It should be possible to disable the HDMI sound driver on the Pi, how I don’t know but I’d have thought that a Google search should help.
Do you believe it will be beneficial? To me, it appears as though the car consistently anticipates audio, even in instances where there is none.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post