All Honda E related discussions
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Marmite wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:20 pm I know anytime I need to see other E owners' opinion it's here!

My PCP decision to be made at early March 2024. I'm planning to buy - though my husband is keep checking into random negative EV articles (not E specific, but eg. battery will have to be replaced for £10k, value going down, when new whatever come nobody wants old one blah blah....). He has Hybrid Mini and he thinks I was too early to jump into pure EV.

Reading above, you think E will last 10years?? Then I'm happy - I just love the look of E's face with round eyes - I don't like Renault 5's zigzag mean looking eyes!!
I do believe it will, you won't have to replace your battery that I'm positive. I that in 80 000 kms and almost always (90%) fast charge at 50kw chargers have minimal degradation...
You probably won't have to be worried about that. It will die from old age.. not malfunction.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

FDAD wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:23 pm
Marmite wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:20 pm I know anytime I need to see other E owners' opinion it's here!

My PCP decision to be made at early March 2024. I'm planning to buy - though my husband is keep checking into random negative EV articles (not E specific, but eg. battery will have to be replaced for £10k, value going down, when new whatever come nobody wants old one blah blah....). He has Hybrid Mini and he thinks I was too early to jump into pure EV.

Reading above, you think E will last 10years?? Then I'm happy - I just love the look of E's face with round eyes - I don't like Renault 5's zigzag mean looking eyes!!
I do believe it will, you won't have to replace your battery that I'm positive. I that in 80 000 kms and almost always (90%) fast charge at 50kw chargers have minimal degradation...
You probably won't have to be worried about that. It will die from old age.. not malfunction.
Hi FDAD many thanks for your further positive note! I shall keep my eeeeeeE definately now - after 2.5years I'm only on 10,000miles (13,000km) now so 10years or 15years here I come. By then it can be treated as antique first histrical batch of EV :lol: I just love my E too much - I will be trendy 70-75yrs lady to come out of antique E 8-)
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
Highanddry

Post by Highanddry »

I bought mine outright, it has 53k now, and plan to keep it until it dies, as it is super-practical and i love its low weight and easy handling.

I am quite loyal to cars, sold my previous cars with 200k more on the clock.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Highanddry wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:10 pm I bought mine outright, it has 53k now, and plan to keep it until it dies, as it is super-practical and i love its low weight and easy handling.

I am quite loyal to cars, sold my previous cars with 200k more on the clock.
It's not my idea of a low weight car, at over 1500kg :shock: , it's almost as heavy as a Tiguan, my other car is 760kg ;)
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
555djx

Post by 555djx »

In December, after 2 years of outright ownership, I part-exchanged my 2020 e for a 2017 Civic. I do miss the tech and the driving experience; I don’t miss the range. I paid £27k and received £23k against the £19k Civic.
2021 SEAT Mii electric Tornado Red 09/21 - 11/22 & 04/23 to ??
2017 Honda Civic 1.5L VTEC Turbo Prestige Auto Orchid White Pearl 12/22 to ??
2022 Citroën Ami Pop 11/22 - 04/23
2020 Honda e Advance Platinum White Pearl on 17s 12/20 - 12/22
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

I bought mine from the start. Don't know what the next one is going to be.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Mailforkev

Post by Mailforkev »

Similar situation here, bought mine for cash in January 2022. Will probably keep it until next year and sell before the warranty ends. Volvo EX30 currently top of my imaginary shopping list.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I bought mine out, after about 6 months when I could afford to to save on the hp interest payments.

Will I keep it? For the time being yes probably, the e has a lot of features I'd miss, like the heated windscreen, it's a blessing a 5 am in the winter set on the pre heat walking out to a completely frost free car is a major bonus.

Test driving the #1 on the 14th but there are limitations like no heated windscreen.

Apart from the battery/range the little e has set a high bar in terms of equipment.

And to be fair I think I'd miss the quirky electric mirrors as I actually am the one person that likes them.
Ex e owner
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

milligoon wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:33 pm Will I keep it? For the time being yes probably, the e has a lot of features I'd miss, like the heated windscreen, it's a blessing a 5 am in the winter set on the pre heat walking out to a completely frost free car is a major bonus.

Test driving the #1 on the 14th but there are limitations like no heated windscreen.

Apart from the battery/range the little e has set a high bar in terms of equipment.

And to be fair I think I'd miss the quirky electric mirrors as I actually am the one person that likes them.
My thoughts are much the same, apart from maybe being less interested in crossovers. One of my bugbears is that usually quality and luxury rises in any given brand with the size of the car, even brands like BMW and Mercedes are guilty of this. While I'm happy to pay a premium for quality and equipment, I can't afford to pay even more for a larger car that I don't need and can't park.

I've said it before that my dream car is a Rolls Royce that's 1/3 the size and 1/3 the price. Somehow the e fit the bill way better than any other car, and I don't really see any others in the pipeline that come close - so I'm not getting rid of it if I possibly can.

Now, if I did need a second car or had to swap to something bigger, I have my eyes on the Hyundai Ioniq 6. Looks absolutely gorgeous to me, good value for the range, and is an actual car. If someone told me 20 years ago that it would exist while BMW would be selling their current EV abominations I would have walked slowly backwards while making full eye contact...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post