JDM Honda E needs English Langurage convertion

All Honda E related discussions
intercooler77

Post by intercooler77 »

Hey Guys

I am from New Zealand and recently got my Honda E from Japan( we dont get new Honda Es in NZ) . The problem is the JDM honda E only comes japanese as defult languarge and no other options available. so seeking help here to see if any one might have a solution to either add a Language APK or if there is a way to reinstall the system to english version etc ? also looking to convert the GPS too.

Thank you

Gary

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I might have imagined it, but when you first turn on the car, the infotainment gives you a disclaimer/warning pop up, with OK and CANCEL on the bottom. I seem to remember a 'language' button on the top right - pressing that might get you where you need to be?

Failing that, you can use your mobile phone (Android - google lens app) to perform real time AR translation of the camera. Simply open Google Lens, point the camera at the screen, and it should translate it enough to help you navigate. I've had to do this to a few pieces of equipment where the user has accidently changed the language accidently (normally monitor OSD).

I'll specifically check at lunch time (UK Time) when I go out to the car.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
upsilon

Post by upsilon »

Hello from Singapore. Our Japanese made on the road are mostly imported from Japan, just a handful are from their oversea assembly plant base in countries such as Thailand. As the E is so exclusive and limited in production numbers, I was expecting the importer to bring them in from Japan.

To my surprise, they brought E in from UK market. I suspect the language pack is the reason behind this. My experience with other JDM imported into the country, the display are only in Japanese with no option of switching to other languages. Hopefully this is not the case for your JDM E.

Anyhow I'm interested to know and if you could share with us on the range of your JDM E which over the Japanese website is declared between 259km to 274km; a lot higher than the 220km for EU made E.
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

So here you can see the menu option when the infotainment first comes to life in the top right.

I'm sad to say I did not see an option for Japanese, so it may be that you do not have this button or see other languages.

IMG_20231115_173406.jpg

'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

If you don't have that option, then there further options in the settings menu, I pictured each stage so that you can hopefully see the positions in the respective lists (this would only be helpful if they are the same).

Pictures in reverse order sorry.

IMG_20231115_173558.jpg

IMG_20231115_173554.jpg

IMG_20231115_173550.jpg

IMG_20231115_173544.jpg

'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Hmm, wonder if you can use this service to attain the OTA update for a different region?

https://usb.honda.com/

A bit like the garmin satnav updater, it looks like you instruct the infotainment to put a detail file on the USB stick, upload it to that site, then you get sent back the respective image file for update.

I will see if there is a way to perform this , you might then be able to use my UK models file to attain a UK image.
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I thought the JDM used Chademo? as well as having the TV option in car? I think there would be a few more than language file changes?
Ex e owner
intercooler77

Post by intercooler77 »

Thank you EEEE for your time and effort tyring to help. No,the pop up discliamer notice does not have laugurange change options on the top and unfortunatly there are no languange options in the settings too. I know that the global version of E has the Langurange options in the settings so I thought there might be a way to add the Langurange as a APK but now I dont think its the case. I guess reinstall the system might be the only solution? The model file might be a solution but do you know how I can downlord the sytem file to the USB? Thank you

And Re: Upsilon, My real world range is about 6.5Kms/ KW and around 190kms - 200kms from full charge.
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I'll check how to get the update over USB - its not something I've tried. I'll check what's in the file and hopefully you can use it to download an EU pack. I will try and remember to do this this evening as I leave work.
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
upsilon

Post by upsilon »

intercooler77 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:07 pm Thank you EEEE for your time and effort tyring to help. No,the pop up discliamer notice does not have laugurange change options on the top and unfortunatly there are no languange options in the settings too. I know that the global version of E has the Langurange options in the settings so I thought there might be a way to add the Langurange as a APK but now I dont think its the case. I guess reinstall the system might be the only solution? The model file might be a solution but do you know how I can downlord the sytem file to the USB? Thank you

And Re: Upsilon, My real world range is about 6.5Kms/ KW and around 190kms - 200kms from full charge.
That's a big 'mod' you are planning. For many of us here with JDM import Japanese display, we simply spend a little more time doing up the settings using google translate app with the camera view translate function. We won't be touching any of those stuffs after most settings are in place and for the usual display, we get used to it knowing which number represent what.

That translate to around 15.4kW/100km, I believe the 190-200km is from display after full charge. These are very close to my UK spec actual reading under our 'forever summer' weather here; not sure how they get 259km to 274km range there in Japan. For other Honda's JDM ICE and Hybrid, we are able to get near to their declared FC; Was expecting in the same your JDM E to get around 230-250km, closer to their declared mileage. Thanks for sharing, just for interest, enjoying the car no doubt it offers one of the shortest range in town which is normally more than enough for a small place.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post