Did you Buy or Sell up?

All Honda E related discussions
jonc

Post by jonc »

My 3 year lease ends in a year and the plan right now is to buy it out. If it keeps working as it has been then I will be a *very* satisfied owner for years to come. It's a great car! Sure it has its annoyances – mostly software related. But so has every other modern car I've driven (mostly WAG cars and Volvos).

(When will car manufacturers realize that that rolling computers – which is basically what a car is nowadays – needs great software, and that great software requires an insane amount of talent and resources as well as continued development, improvements and support with OTA updates for years after hardware is released? I guess some have but Honda is surely not one of them.)

The only other option in this class that seems like a viable alternative for me is the EX30. It looks like a great car at a good starting price, but to get a similar level of equipment in that you'd have to go way up the spec chart and the cost would probably be too much for me at that point.

IMG_2357.jpeg

2020 e Advance - Platinum White Pearl

Isotope Toast

Post by Isotope Toast »

Sweet pic!
MrM83

Post by MrM83 »

I am in the market to buy one. Viewed two local to me and a little disappointed by condition. Appreciate apparent gulf between forecourt price and PX seems huge at the moment. I’m ideally looking for a 21 plate, <10k miles but open minded if condition is mint. If anyone in the UK is looking to sell their car and are not too far from Hertfordshire please let me know.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

jonc wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:31 pm
(When will car manufacturers realize that that rolling computers – which is basically what a car is nowadays – needs great software, and that great software requires an insane amount of talent and resources as well as continued development, improvements and support with OTA updates for years after hardware is released? I guess some have but Honda is surely not one of them.)

I expect that will come when Sony and Honda's collaborative car brand Afeela hits the market. If it comes. Surely you can assume then that a company like Sony would know how to write and maintain software?
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
jonc

Post by jonc »

One would think so but Sony is not really a software company either so who knows.

Honestly I don’t think I’ll swap cars until (if ever, fingers crossed) this comes into fruition: https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/pictures/ ... wwdc-2022/

Nothing will ever reach the level of polish and integration with the rest of our digital lives that our phone’s platform owners can accomplish. Google’s already come a long way with Android Automotive. Now I really hope Apple steps up, and gets the car manufacturers to play along.
2020 e Advance - Platinum White Pearl
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Marmite wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:42 pm
milligoon wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:14 am I bought for £27k had 3+ years 25k miles traded at £14k yes it's a big drop but could have sat on it not selling, in a dropping market.

Replacement is a smart #1 Premium

Downside is PDI found an issue in my new car so now waiting on new replacement delivery.

Was tempted by Volvo EX30 but too minimalist for my tastes
As previous Smart EQ owner, I'm getting interested in Smart #1.... I still have 3months to decide till the end of PCP with e. I love love love e but don't want to lose all the value in xx years time - or will it go up since it was such a short period of time being available??? Parts and maintanance issue, hubby is in the mood of 'I told you so' :evil: :evil:

In small scale, I purchased 5 year servicing plan - will it be considered at the final figure?? Also Blue accent bits (trim & alloys) & driving recorders, will they be lost in the final value if I deal with Smart (Mercedes) dealer rather than Honda dealer I wonder. Hmmmm :roll: :roll:

Did you & your wife test drive around and decided Smart #1?? What was the deal breaker??? I may book test drive myself.

Having said all that I sill love my e :roll:
Very difficult to advise others, I took the smart for extended test, to allow time to get used to the software interface, it's quirky but feature rich, some things not enabled but built into the car coming in next OTA, whether I made a mistake or not only time will tell (I do tend to choose left field cars) typically for me I settle on something then there is a raft of announcements for other cars coming imminently - if you are undecided take your time a lot of leases seemed to have plummeted in cost recently, the ID BUZZ can be had on a two year lease for a significant reduction in monthly outlay.

Whether this smart will be with us as long as the smart roadster we've had from new IE 20+ years I somehow doubt it.

Just waiting for the replacement car to get to the dealership for it's pdi (not sure when prob after Xmas now)
Ex e owner
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

milligoon wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:01 pm
Very difficult to advise others, I took the smart for extended test, to allow time to get used to the software interface, it's quirky but feature rich, some things not enabled but built into the car coming in next OTA, whether I made a mistake or not only time will tell (I do tend to choose left field cars) typically for me I settle on something then there is a raft of announcements for other cars coming imminently - if you are undecided take your time a lot of leases seemed to have plummeted in cost recently, the ID BUZZ can be had on a two year lease for a significant reduction in monthly outlay.

Whether this smart will be with us as long as the smart roadster we've had from new IE 20+ years I somehow doubt it.

Just waiting for the replacement car to get to the dealership for it's pdi (not sure when prob after Xmas now)
I remember I had some problem with my Smart EQ at the beginning as it didn't charge properly. Hope it will be sorted asap for you and your wife! I did test drive Smart #1 today - great car, felt potential but it's lost original Smart-ness which I liked iykwim. I loved Smart cute pod-ness once but now it's futurestic EV. Definately one of choices though. Meanwhile I will check out Fiat 500e after Xmas, also keeping eyes on new Fiat 600e (only if it comes out before my PCP ends!).

Many thanks for your input anyway, really appreciate - sorry for late reply.
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
hondaRee

Post by hondaRee »

I bought one in 2021 for 30k€ and sold it in 2022 for 31k€ after driving it for 9k miles.
Reason was the range not being enough, app not working in my country and never will I assume and just lack of storage/performance/car had raised value at the time.
Now driving Tesla M3P and even though it's pretty much an upgrade in every way, I still prefer the Honda E aesthetics and sometimes miss driving it.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post