Honda e officially cancelled in UK and Europe

All Honda E related discussions
hondaero

Post by hondaero »

this is really a shame ... discontinuing an electric car just after 3 years, NOT having any other EV car produced in Japan, relying ONLY on a new SUV build in China which does NOT have a clear USP and hoping an announcement next year will make the market wait for you ?!?

sorry to express it here but these are my emotions currently,
~amo~
2023 Honda e Red Advance on 16" Michelin 195/55 & 205/55 tyres.

upsilon

Post by upsilon »

Marmite wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:34 pm I'm Japanese living in the UK (also once Honda employee in Japan many years ago).

Just checked Japanese news site, a couple of days ago Honda officially announced they would stop e production in Jan 2024 in Japan. Once current stock are sold no more sales as new car. It says e's job as the first ice breaker/first penguin had been done to make impact, but short range and high price prevented to reach sales target in Japan (1000/year), after 3.5years actually only 1800 cars were sold there, whereas about 10000 in Europe. They will keep offering new EVs (like Ny1 and SUV, also small van in Japan) since they promised Honda will be all EV in the near future.

Discontinued parts will be available at least 10 years or more Honda says - don't know how easy to get hold of those from Europe but fingers crossed.

Japanese e owners club etc are all disappointed, they were waiting for upgrade or more apps for software but it won't happen. They are blaming Honda's marketing, not showing great hidden ability (handling, rear power for snow road driving...) as well as eye catching design.

Just rough translation!
Thanks for confirming this, saw it on social media but not sure if they are referring to the JDM back then. Being just couple hundred of dollars off FL5 Type-R, its not surprising.

I feel Honda made the right decision with the range, it's meant for city driving. It's easy for any maker to increase the range by putting in a bigger battery, higher dead load and thus lowering the efficiency.
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

upsilon wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:34 am I feel Honda made the right decision with the range, it's meant for city driving. It's easy for any maker to increase the range by putting in a bigger battery, higher dead load and thus lowering the efficiency.
I honestly feel that in time the choice to fit a battery pack of that size/weight will be vindicated. Not that it'll matter, as the e will become a scarce cult car as a result of this cancellation, regardless.
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
Fed

Post by Fed »

This side view make me think of an evolution of the E...

Honda ev.JPG

iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Fed wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:52 am
This side view make me think of an evolution of the E...
It will probably just be these models.

https://insideevs.com/news/662933/honda ... hina-2024/
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Dorothee

Post by Dorothee »

Where’s the time when cars had model names that one could pronounce, let alone remember …
hondaero

Post by hondaero »

With the mentioned Honda connect 4.0 I suspect a new connectivity platform that will replace current Honda app with impact on further development and stability of it. That s life.

~amo~
hondaero

Post by hondaero »

ww conference, Honda 0 2030 ... good luck and Amen.

~amo~
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Watched the live broadcast on youtube last night. It didn't make me very happy. Honda has good ideas for the future, like EVs with driving pleasure, but all car brands have that. In 2026 they will come out with their first new (real) EV which will be the basis for a whole series of new EVs, they call it the 0-series. That first model is a big 'grand routier' and will be first on the market in the US, then Japan, the rest of Asia, Middle East and then Europe (by then we are in 2027 or later I think...). But which models come after that is the question. By this year, Honda will have been overtaken in Europe by e.g. the Volvo EX30, Citroën ë-C3, Renault 5 and Twingo, and all Chinese car brands. Too bad, I would like to stay with Honda, but this does not make me feel right. :cry:
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
SuperRocket61

Post by SuperRocket61 »

So if there is a legal requirement for spares to be available for 10 years in Europe we should hopefully be able to get them shipped over here....

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post