Just ordered an 'e' !

The place to discuss everything else..
Fortunatus

Post by Fortunatus »

I 've just part-exchanged my beloved Nissan Note dci sve which I've owned from new 17 years ago. I don't know what I'm in for with my first EV. Generally I won't be travelling far, so I calculate the limited range won't be an issue. This is a whole new 'ball game' for a 73 year old so any tips would be much appreciated

Before placing my order I did test drive a 3 year old model....and from then on I was smitten !!

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Welcome. It's a lovely car to drive. Beware that the stated range might hold true for a single moderate speed journey in good weather, but it wont hold up over an entire week in the winter.

If you can charge from home you will be fine if you're not doing many miles - even on the slow mains charger.

If your making long journeys every now and then, you will have public charging to contend with. If you've managed to sign up to a forum on a website and make a post, you shouldn't have much trouble getting to grips with the car.

Which colour did you go for? Any options?
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
Fortunatus

Post by Fortunatus »

Thanks for the info' .... it's a WHITE 'e,' not much choice, but it's the colour I wanted, as production of the car I understand has now or is about to stop
asjo

Post by asjo »

Congratulations, electric cars are addictive!

Here is a good link for tips and tricks: Honda e Knowledge Base, made by one of the folks writing in these forums, if I am not mistaken.
Fortunatus

Post by Fortunatus »

Thanks asjo -great stuff !
Verone

Post by Verone »

Congratulations!

There are of course some owners who've had a rough experience with the car, but that's to be expected from every new model, and in some instances even established cars see the odd issue.

From my own perspective, I've had mine for 8 months now (delivered new in May 2023) and I couldn't be happier, fantastic little car for commuting, and great for buzzing around town.

I'm sure that if you have any issues or questions, this forum will be able to help without any problem. This is where I came to and lurked for a year before making the decision to buy mine.

Lots of great information and super helpful people!
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
Fortunatus

Post by Fortunatus »

Many thanks Verone -I' too am coming to the same conclusion about the Forum