First Service

All Honda E related discussions
peniole

Post by peniole »

Will be taking in ours for it's first maintenance while in our possession. First was done by dealer, ex demo.

Question is, does the e have a service reminder system? I can't find it on mine as per the manual. Did the dealer forget to initialize the system?

My past honda's did. Even the manual mentions it, but says not available on all models.

Screenshot_20240117_140455_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

OCD = obsessive compulsive detailer

'22 Advance

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I'm pretty sure it doesn't have it. I've never seen it since august 2022 if it does have one.

I actually dislike the service reminder system in our 10th gen civic. It often just pops up to say something needs doing not long after having done something else. Anyone who could look up the items and ranges can just do all the required jobs at the same time. I don't understand the logic. If I have to jack the car up, remove the undertray, remove oil/filter for the engine - why remind me a few weeks later to change the gearbox oil? Even if I wasn't doing the job myself, it's even more hassle taking it to a dealer.

conclusion, the variable servicing reminder is just to get you into the dealer more!
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

This is how it should appear:

1705502341738.jpg

Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
Mailforkev

Post by Mailforkev »

I get an orange warning in the driver's display upon startup letting me know that a service is due. Appears 30 days prior to the date. Am in for my second service next week so have it at the moment.
peniole

Post by peniole »

Thanks guys. It's missing on mine. Must have not been initialized. I'm just weeks away from it's upcoming service, no reminder and no spanner icon in the drivers display list.
OCD = obsessive compulsive detailer

'22 Advance
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I do not have it on mine either, mine is a UK model...
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

This is a dealer set option.

The default if not updated by Honda, is that this option is available and as already mentioned shoudle be 30 days prior to the service date, which is from when the dealership initially PDI/ the car.
The dealer can set this option to be completely disabled.

I know this because my car alerted me to it's annual service 7 weeks before it was due and it was annyoing to have this appear for this extended time, the reason that it was 7 weeks and not 30 days was because the dealership lied to me about it's delivery to them and only told me it was available about 3 weeks after it had actually arrived. Even then presented with this evidence they still denied this.

At the last service, I asked them if this alert could be corrected but they said it was impossible, but they could disable it, which was my only course of action.
Last edited by londiniumperson on Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

londiniumperson wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:31 pm At the last service, I asked them if this alert could be corrected but they said it was impossible, but they could disable it, which was my only course of action.
When using my scan tool to clear the similar alert on our 10th gen civic (reminder for service inspection, not any service items), the scan tool gave me some fairly stern warnings about being sure and checking it was the correct date, as once set/cleared it could not be reset in any way and was very permanent - so perhaps they were not untruthful in that regard.

I wonder why its turned off on my car though lol. The honda dealer I bought it from, they didn't register it as the number plate is branded 'lookers', another mystery...
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

EEEE wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:14 pm
londiniumperson wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:31 pm At the last service, I asked them if this alert could be corrected but they said it was impossible, but they could disable it, which was my only course of action.
When using my scan tool to clear the similar alert on our 10th gen civic (reminder for service inspection, not any service items), the scan tool gave me some fairly stern warnings about being sure and checking it was the correct date, as once set/cleared it could not be reset in any way and was very permanent - so perhaps they were not untruthful in that regard.

I wonder why its turned off on my car though lol. The honda dealer I bought it from, they didn't register it as the number plate is branded 'lookers', another mystery...
I suspect that the dealership have to set this option at initial registration on their system (not DVLA registration), some might will set as enabled, others as disabled.
It is very annoying because it alerts at every single power on of the car for 30 days before it's official registered date and when that it is for an additional 3 weeks it is beyond a joke.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post