Android Auto Wireless

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

OK, I'll persist for a little while longer before potentially buying an AA wireless dongle.

I've only done short journeys recently, but sometimes it just won't connect and ends up with a 'Not supported phone message', which is odd considering it is a current Google phone.
I've tried a phone reboot, powering the car off/on and doing doing both and none fix the issue, then sometimes it will connect without any issue.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

One way to rule out if its the car or the phone is to try and restart the phone in the morning before you make your commute. This is how I worked out that it was my own action of clearing active apps that was somehow killing the service off in the background. I wouldn't expect this to be the case on the google handset though as you won't have the chineseness to worry about that us xiaomi people have lol.

The failure to connect always seems to be the wifi side of the connection. The blue tooth connects, something in the bluetooth communication signals AA is available, then the car makes its adhoc wifi hotspot, then the phone joins it but fails to initiate the AA launching and hookup.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post