Keep your holes clean!

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Make sure that you check the drain holes under the wiper arms or you'll end up with this, which won't be good if it freezes (even worse if it was full & frozen):

Dirty hole.jpg

2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

bogga

Post by bogga »

Are you parked under some nature that drops something very good at filling small drains?
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I washed my car today and I had around 50 leaves under the bonnet in various nooks and crannies.
Oddly enough I don't park under trees at home or at work. They must be entering whilst driving.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Washed mine yesterday and after the rain overnight the lower part of the car is covered in mud splashes as is my wife's MX5! Loads of fresh leaves on the drive too!
Ex e owner
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Vacuumed out all the leaves from ours yesterday and I did notice how those holes right under the narrow gap around the bottom of the wiper splined shaft were already getting blocked up. I think it was a bad design nave to put them right where the narrower gap is, where debris is most likely to accumulate. I suspect it was just that this Ali happened to be the lowest point.

I was also quite surprised how feeble the clips are that hold the rear trim of the charge port housing on. As I pushed the vacuum crevice tool behind the back of the open charge lid (with the bonnet open), that rear trim just falls apart. Clips back together, but I don’t expect those clips to survive vey long.