5 year service cost

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Verone

Post by Verone »

The service intervals you've been quoted look completely off, compared to what's in the actual owner's manual for the car. What are the units they're quoting in terms of distance driven?

They don't match up with either miles or kilometers when looking at the quoted information in the car's manual.

Honda's maintenance plan in the vehicle's documentation is for a service and major inspection every 20,000km, and a visual inspection of a few items every 10,000km - see the image below for what's in the manual. Transmission fluid isn't due a change for 100,000km under normal circumstances, and brake fluid only once every three years. The recommendation is to only change the transmission fluid every 50,000km if you regularly drive in >35°c heat, or are driving in mountains, or with a fully loaded roof rack.

When I spoke to the dealer on picking mine up new, he told me that my first three years or 30,000km (whichever comes first) of servicing was entirely free as part of purchase, and for a small cost (equivalent of €400 which isn't a lot in Iceland) I could extend that to 160,000km or 5 years, in line with the car's base warranty. For the ease of having everything handled I went with it, considering I drive a decent amount and will probably be well over 100,000km in 5 years.

He advised to bring the car in during that period every 10,000km for visual inspection, to maximize the value of the service plan and make sure things were okay, plus every 20,000km for the "service" which for the best part is just a more in depth visual inspection and a pollen filter change until 100,000km when the transmission fluid needs changing, or after 3 years, when brake fluid needs to be changed.

Looks like this quote is probably a dealer trying to make an extra few bucks by tightening the service intervals.

I grew up in the UK and a lot of dealers there do this to make an extra bit of cash from people. Fundamentally though, so long as you go with what's in black and white in your car's documentation, you're covered and won't void your warranty, as this is written by the actual manufacturer of the car, where as most service plans sold at dealers are put together by them, and are more than often designed to cut a profit.

SERVICE.jpg

Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post