Did you Buy or Sell up?

All Honda E related discussions
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

So after 3 years I finally had to find the funds to pay the Settlement sum!
Certainly didn’t want to “hand the car back” and couldn’t afford to trade up to new.

I guess those that sold up, and moved on, won’t still be on this platform, but I thought it might be interesting to know those who have stuck with their cars. Of course some will have bought outright from the start, while others like me used PCP, or similar loan, to enable their initial “purchase”

Are you happy with your Honda e, or have you moved on?
And if you are still on the Forum, and sold, or traded up to new, let us know your thoughts

Just read Honda E px for new Honda Jazz posts - sad to read that some owners have resorted to hybrid. Guessing they couldn’t charge at home
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I don't think that it should be a sad thing that people have swapped. For some, the e is an expensive paper weight. I can tolerate it's serious shortfalls simply because we have other cars.

If others trade for the jazz, all power to them. I'm sure they enjoy doing a couple of hundred miles in a day without it being a massive ball ache, and can fit some passengers and luggage in along the way.

Given the recent dip in resale values you can't blame anyone for cashing out ahead.

I'll stick with mine until its no longer tolerable. It's great for the weekly commute only, but all other times wer are in the civic or prelude.

Bought mine outright at 4months old. Not thinking about selling but should my commute increase or life circumstances change, it'd have to go.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

I bought mine from the start but when the Renault 5 comes i'll rethink the Es future... Right now its still the best choice for me...
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

I'll be paying my PCP settlement fee for mine on the 1st October. I'd always planned to do so if the car was what I hoped it to be, and I'm happy to say that is has been. Planning to hang on to it for 10 years from new, so it'll be interesting to see how it ages over that time (well, I hope).
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

I'm keeping it, the perfect shopping/town car. Still get a bump up every time I drive away.
Got the hybrid Jazz for the travel car, easy 60mpg plus, 600 miles on a tank, quiet as the E as long as you don't floor it, virtually as good as the E away from traffic lights, as fast as my old i-VTEC Civics, and as big on the inside as my old Civics but the same size as the E, with back seats and boot much superior to the E.
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

I am currently leasing mine and will buy it out later on. Not just that, when my girlfriend was shopping for an EV I've strongly recommended getting a second E. Unfortunately, it is not as easy nowadays and she had to settle down with an e-208.

Tbh, there is nothing on the market at the moment that I would like more than the E regardless of the price. When the Renault 5 will roll out I will look at it, but currently I can't see myself enjoying a French car.
happyV

Post by happyV »

Probably going to keep mine for as long as possible.
The Renault 5 looks nice, but it probably won't get Openpilot support so that's a no go.
And there are simply no other small cars electric out there...
It's my only car and a couple of weeks ago I drove the second time from Hanover to Munich (and back). Yes, it takes 9 hours but with the right company it's been a very nice trip.
Verone

Post by Verone »

I bought mine outright, and intend to keep it until it no longer works.
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I’m another one that bought outright from new, this is the 1st ever new car I’ve owned in almost 40 years of owning cars and it’ll probably be the last new car as well.
When I bought it I intended to keep it at least 10 years, we’ll see how this pans out.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

I know anytime I need to see other E owners' opinion it's here!

My PCP decision to be made at early March 2024. I'm planning to buy - though my husband is keep checking into random negative EV articles (not E specific, but eg. battery will have to be replaced for £10k, value going down, when new whatever come nobody wants old one blah blah....). He has Hybrid Mini and he thinks I was too early to jump into pure EV.

Reading above, you think E will last 10years?? Then I'm happy - I just love the look of E's face with round eyes - I don't like Renault 5's zigzag mean looking eyes!!
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post