Honda Sustaina C (Concept)

The place to discuss everything else..
williamchan

Post by williamchan »

Similar look, looks like Honda is going for even smaller, probably similar range...

https://uk.motor1.com/news/688528/honda ... s-concept/

:-(

MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

I know it is a matter of taste but it doesn't look good to me. The sloped bonnet and the black plastic trim are awful.
Isotope Toast

Post by Isotope Toast »

Let's take the Honda e and make it ugly. :(
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

A face only a blind mother could love...
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

A very quick Google search came back with:
What is the purpose of Honda’s SUSTANIA-C Concept? To prove that the Japanese brand is addressing an oft ignored issue in EV design: cleverer material sourcing and disposability at the end of the lifecycle.
Unlike the Honda e, the SUSTANIA-C Concept’s body panels are not metal but acrylic resin. The material change should bring lightweighting benefits, but the greatest advantage is recyclability.
These acrylic resin panels can be reused and recycled, allowing a single allocation of SUSTANIA-C Concept panels to be reassembled into future products.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

londiniumperson wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:06 pm A very quick Google search came back with:
What is the purpose of Honda’s SUSTANIA-C Concept? To prove that the Japanese brand is addressing an oft ignored issue in EV design: cleverer material sourcing and disposability at the end of the lifecycle.
Unlike the Honda e, the SUSTANIA-C Concept’s body panels are not metal but acrylic resin. The material change should bring lightweighting benefits, but the greatest advantage is recyclability.
These acrylic resin panels can be reused and recycled, allowing a single allocation of SUSTANIA-C Concept panels to be reassembled into future products.
Being lightweight and recyclable should not mean ugly... :lol: That's a bad message to pass across...
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

My point was that Honda are obviously not making another Honda e variant, which the OP stated.

One point around this which I’m perplexed by, is what is the point when the original Honda e body panels are made from a recyclable material anyway 🤦
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
williamchan

Post by williamchan »

FDAD wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:56 pm A face only a blind mother could love...
your response make my day :lol:
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

londiniumperson wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:10 pm My point was that Honda are obviously not making another Honda e variant, which the OP stated.

One point around this which I’m perplexed by, is what is the point when the original Honda e body panels are made from a recyclable material anyway 🤦

hnda.jpg

I believe this sums it up...
ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

I agree that it doesn't look great, and though I loved my Smart for the short time I owned it, I probably wouldn't buy one - far more likely to get a longer range EV to complement the e in the future.

But the one point I would make is that car companies rarely make anything remotely like their concept cars. The e, in my view at least, is a very rare exception where the car made it though to production looking genuinely like the concept. Maybe without giant flared arches and wheels, but I saw a concept car that I thought looked amazing, and somehow a couple of years later I was able to buy the same car without paying supercar money.

So, if normal order is resumed and this is just a showcase for materials and techniques that might actually -ahem- sell in quantity, then it may not be the disaster it looks at first.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post