ODB2 App (Car Scanner) new Honda E profile

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
WryWondaWe

Post by WryWondaWe »

Long time reader, first time poster :)

Just to add my thruppence to the discussion of what works and doesn't - I just plugged in a Konnwei OBDII (KW902) to my Honda e - and like fellow user stzrd, Car Scanner detects and connects to it, but can't connect to the ECU.

As hinted at above, I assume that it's a Honda-related issue, as this plugs into my partner's Renault Zoe (using the CanZE app) and connects to the ECU instantly.
The voodoo who do what you don't dare to people

Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

But if Car Scanner added this profile for the E, must mean that there is a Bluetooth scanner that works. We need to find out which one.
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Reuben80 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:08 pm must mean
I've seen a developer add an option to a drop down box with scant regard for what it should do or how it should work - I wouldn't be so sure that its definitely tested and working in this config. Needless to say - the option did not work as intended :lol: :lol: :lol:

Feel free ask the software developer themselves - they may just add some feature with information only, with no first hand testing having taken place, purely speculative if you will.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
happyV

Post by happyV »

Correct. A standard ELM-327 simply has not enough buffer to store the messages off the e. If I rememer correctly the longest I read out is almost 300 bytes long (HEX-Coded)
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

I tried the OBDLink MX+ but same problem :(

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post