My Honda+ subscriptions are undergoing some exciting changes

All Honda E related discussions
ilBaku

Post by ilBaku »

I hoped there was an update to the app that would improve the services and add new functions. Instead they did nothing but reorganize what was already there. The Core Connectivity package remains valid for 8 years, they have combined the old Safety & Journey and Digital Key services into a single free package for 3 years, while the Personal Assistant remains paid with an annual subscription

hondaero

Post by hondaero »

A new application release will come I suppose rather soon as for now the new models are NOT supported into the app - meaning the ney1, cr-v phev, etc. might happen next week as mentioned in a previous post.

~amo~
2023 Honda e Red Advance on 16" Michelin 195/55 & 205/55 tyres.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

The email they sent earlier said you would get many months free (in my case 22 months), but the only option is that you have to pay anyway. 🤪
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

ilBaku wrote: ↑Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:55 am I hoped there was an update to the app that would improve the services and add new functions. Instead they did nothing but reorganize what was already there. The Core Connectivity package remains valid for 8 years, they have combined the old Safety & Journey and Digital Key services into a single free package for 3 years, while the Personal Assistant remains paid with an annual subscription
That's a relief that you have checked & confirmed that we will keep the 8 years Core Connectivity because it was implied that ALL subscriptions would be combined one for a further single year for those of us that purchased cars over 3 years ago.

BTW - Nothing has changed on the app for me yet.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Mines been a bit funny for a week or so, sometimes the app logs in fine, other days it says I have no subscriptions. Then I have to restart the app and it logs in okay.
Ex e owner
Fed

Post by Fed »

Changes have gone live !

IMG_9994.jpeg

iHansz

Post by iHansz »

iHansz wrote: ↑Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:08 am The email they sent earlier said you would get many months free (in my case 22 months), but the only option is that you have to pay anyway. 🤪
Everything has now been converted to the general free subscription until 2025, but there was still a one-off € 4.99 charge. :mrgreen:
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Wee Peem

Post by Wee Peem »

As others have said my car app has also been "playing-up." At times the app not allowing me talk to the car when I know darn well it is connected to a good strong reliable wi-fi source having installed a wee wi-fi "repeater" actually in the garage to make sure that this is the case. A new thing came up this morning when the normally reliable charge timer had not functioned so no overnight charge on the cheap rate today. Glad I didn't have somewhere urgent to go to ! I have also got a message that an upgrade has partially downloaded. What on earth is going on with our system?
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Wee Peem wrote: ↑Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:31 pm As others have said my car app has also been "playing-up." At times the app not allowing me talk to the car when I know darn well it is connected to a good strong reliable wi-fi source having installed a wee wi-fi "repeater" actually in the garage to make sure that this is the case. A new thing came up this morning when the normally reliable charge timer had not functioned so no overnight charge on the cheap rate today. Glad I didn't have somewhere urgent to go to ! I have also got a message that an upgrade has partially downloaded. What on earth is going on with our system?
The car doesn’t communicate to the app (via Honda servers) using WiFi, it uses SMS, therefore reliant on a mobile signal.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Fed

Post by Fed »

I was going to say, have you checked that through your router UI that the car is actually connected to the wifi when “sleeping” ?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post