My Honda+ subscriptions are undergoing some exciting changes

All Honda E related discussions
WryWondaWe

Post by WryWondaWe »

Well, I updated to the new MyHonda+ app on Android the other day - and briefly saw the Digital Key offer - but now (as of yesterday), the app has utterly stopped working, popping up a "My Honda+ is not responding" message after unlocking the app...
The voodoo who do what you don't dare to people

5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

My E is up and running including an offer for digital key (which I don't use after trying it once before). However the Jazz is still pending and supposedly activating after 36 hours of "activating". How long should I wait, and has anyone the phone number of the department who could sort it?
peniole

Post by peniole »

5thcivic wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:04 pm My E is up and running including an offer for digital key (which I don't use after trying it once before). However the Jazz is still pending and supposedly activating after 36 hours of "activating". How long should I wait, and has anyone the phone number of the department who could sort it?
Our e is also pending. I even did the wait in a running car buckled in for 20 minutes. Still pending. Was told to update the app and do it again. Had to explain to the "bright" customer service rep twice that the app was already updated before the activation was attempted and there are no pending updates. She raised/elevated the issue to the tech dept.

What a faff to get it working. Turned off the whole vehicle position sharing connectivity crap altogether from the car! This frustration from someone who started using computers when they took up whole labs, through Sinclair spectrums, 286 386 486 and pentiums, till today where I still build and maintain my own machines and multiple OSs. If they managed to frustrate me, they're doing a bang up job!!
OCD = obsessive compulsive detailer

'22 Advance
betonos

Post by betonos »

I got converted to new subscription yesterday. In my case it would last until feb 2026. I wonder how they calculate that.

Anyways, the main question I'm gonna ask here is:

Are they under European (specifically EU) law able to do this? I mean, I was under free subscription until 2030 or something like that. How is that so, that they are able to withdraw that plan and force me into shorter plan (with more options, but I don't care besides what was in the base subscription) and then I have to pay if I want to keep it?

I wonder if anybody has the original T&S that were attached when first time enabling the app/subscription. But this is sketchy and I'm doubtful if they should be able to do that.
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

My pending disappeared when I started the Jazz up! (slap forehead, idiot).

I'm still not clear if the connect stops after 3 years, will the app be useless without a subscription, i.e. it will not even tell you if the car is locked etc, as it does now without paying?
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I was the 2nd owner, so I splashed out the 60quid I think for 8 years of core connectivity.

I've re-activated my account and confirmed ownership in-car with the pin message, and today see that the 'My Honda+' subscription is valid only until 20th October 2025. I can understand the need to harmonise account and subscription types, but it does feel a little bit of a betrayal. I guess you do get more in the short term. Before there were 4 subscriptions, now there are only 2. I guess that means I now get the digital key and the other one which escapes me. the AI assist 'hello honda' is the other package, but if you have android auto I wonder what it really offers?

They did send an email to everyone 2nd Nov informing you of the changes. There was the option to receive a pro-rated refund if you didn't want that to happen.

Like most IOT and smart things - it should never be expected to last forever (The door handles and battery doesn't lol)
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

betonos wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:44 am I got converted to new subscription yesterday. In my case it would last until feb 2026. I wonder how they calculate that.

Anyways, the main question I'm gonna ask here is:

Are they under European (specifically EU) law able to do this? I mean, I was under free subscription until 2030 or something like that. How is that so, that they are able to withdraw that plan and force me into shorter plan (with more options, but I don't care besides what was in the base subscription) and then I have to pay if I want to keep it?

I wonder if anybody has the original T&S that were attached when first time enabling the app/subscription. But this is sketchy and I'm doubtful if they should be able to do that.
I read the T's & C's and they state that the can change/cancel whenever they want to, you can check this yourself if you read the email.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

After the update (for iOS) today (version 6.2.16), the App works as before. Before the subscription update. 🥳
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
londiniumperson

iHansz wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:00 pm After the update (for iOS) today (version 6.2.16), the App works as before. Before the subscription update. 🥳
Not for me, I just updated my app from v6.2.14 to v6.2.16 in hope:

MyHonda+.png

londiniumperson

iHansz wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:00 pm After the update (for iOS) today (version 6.2.16), the App works as before. Before the subscription update. 🥳
Not for me, I just updated my app to v6.2.16 to see:

MyHonda+.png

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post