App quick buttons cleared and All Apps not opening

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
ZeroEmissionRequiem

Post by ZeroEmissionRequiem »

So today, this happened:

IMG_20231106_222505s.jpg

"All Apps" doesn't open, either. I've restarted the car several times since, to no avail.

Is there something I can do, or should I just ask the dealership?
2022 e Advance

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

:lol: :lol: :lol: You're new to the Honda e aren't you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joking aside, this is not unusual, either leave the car off/locked overnight or drive a couple of miles.
I've had a totally blank infotainment system several times and it only re-appeared after driving a few miles.

If it persists then I'd suggest a dealer call/visit might be needed,
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Its a shame there isn't a button/setting to reboot the system. By reboot I mean the typical IT turn it off and back on again.

The only way is to remove the fuse or do a factory reset (latter is a bit drastic) as far as I know,

Does anyone else know a way to restart the system without pulling the fuse? I've never really had the need to restart it to get around weird software glitches, I guess I don't ask much of the system.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
ZeroEmissionRequiem

Post by ZeroEmissionRequiem »

londiniumperson wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:50 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: You're new to the Honda e aren't you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joking aside, this is not unusual, either leave the car off/locked overnight or drive a couple of miles.
I've had a totally blank infotainment system several times and it only re-appeared after driving a few miles.

If it persists then I'd suggest a dealer call/visit might be needed,
Well, this is the first time this has happened since I got the car in late March. I've driven 20-25 miles after the issue appeared, with several shutdowns and restarts while visiting places, and it still persists. I suppose I'll find out tomorrow.

Fortunately I had the general settings app already open, so I can recall it from the recent apps view. Android Auto also pops up automatically, so the situation is tolerable.
EEEE wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:09 pm Its a shame there isn't a button/setting to reboot the system. By reboot I mean the typical IT turn it off and back on again.
Mine actually once rebooted the infotainment while driving, now all we need is to get it to happen on demand!

Oh, and one day the gloss black media buttons (vol+, vol-, next/previous track, voice control) on the left steering wheel spoke were completely unresponsive. Oddly, the other buttons on that spoke (back, home, scroll) still worked normally. They started working next day or so, fortunately.

Fun stuff once the warranty runs out, I'm sure.

EDIT: It's been 3 days and the issue still persists. Lovely; can't access settings or EV menu since the shortcuts are gone and All Apps doesn't open.

EDIT: The 12V battery died, and once the car was revived, the app buttons and menu were once again working normally. A less serious problem replaced with a more serious problem, nice.
2022 e Advance

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post