Flooded Roads

All Honda E related discussions
Fortunatus

Post by Fortunatus »

With a ground clearance of 150mm has anyone had experience driving along flooded roads?

Verone

Post by Verone »

Why would you drive on flooded roads with any regular passenger car? If you want to do this, buy a 4x4 with the appropriate ground clearance and don't risk killing a regular car with water damage, whether it's ICE or an EV.
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
Fortunatus

Post by Fortunatus »

I'm not thinking of driving on flooded roads intentionally , but on a journey you might encounter large/deep flooded puddles and pot holes
Verone

Post by Verone »

Then for sure it's advisable to take another route - whether it's an ICE car or an EV, electricity and water don't mix. It's pointless risking it, and the inevitable at-fault insurance claim that comes afterward.
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
Wee Peem

Post by Wee Peem »

Where I live alternative route not always possible. I had to make an emergency hospital visit in flood conditions and the only apparent outcome was a passenger window doing a partial up and down routine until it dried out I assume. No lasting effects.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Wee Peem wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:23 pm Where I live alternative route not always possible. I had to make an emergency hospital visit in flood conditions and the only apparent outcome was a passenger window doing a partial up and down routine until it dried out I assume. No lasting effects.
I would advise against anything that goes above the wheel centre caps.

If you are surrounded and risking, your car is more important than being stranded it could go above the tires but any fuse box below that level will suffer permanent failure, water ingress trough boot is a real possibility at this level.

Always do things at your own risk. I've gone through pudles and through flooded areas but don't expect the insurance to pay for it in case it goes south. :D
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
keithr

Post by keithr »

A couple of videos for your amusement 8-) :

Nissan Leaf Water Testing - Up To 700mm (Nissan Leaf press conference - from 13 years ago?).

Can a Electric Car drive through water? Of course they can! (Renault Zoe).