Electrical Problems

All Honda E related discussions
Juliok321

Post by Juliok321 »

Hello all
1st time on here. Have had my honda e for 3.5 years, only done 15k miles. Had loads of problems with the infotainment system, to the point where they actually replaced the whole thing a few months ago. The last couple of weeks, when turning on the car, have been getting warning lights for the EP and the Vehicle stability, However if you turned the car off and then back on again the lights would go !!. I put this down to another glitch as the car has been a series of glitches since day one. However this morning on starting the car pretty much all of the warning lights, in turn, flashed up and the brakes don'
hondafilm.MOV
(6.1 MiB) Downloaded 121 times
t work properly !!!. I have it booked it on Weds, but any ideas what we are looking at here ??. Many thanks for any input. I have tried to upload a video on here

MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Juliok321 wrote: โ†‘Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:37 am Hello all
1st time on here. Have had my honda e for 3.5 years, only done 15k miles. Had loads of problems with the infotainment system, to the point where they actually replaced the whole thing a few months ago. The last couple of weeks, when turning on the car, have been getting warning lights for the EP and the Vehicle stability, However if you turned the car off and then back on again the lights would go !!. I put this down to another glitch as the car has been a series of glitches since day one. However this morning on starting the car pretty much all of the warning lights, in turn, flashed up and the brakes don'hondafilm.MOVt work properly !!!. I have it booked it on Weds, but any ideas what we are looking at here ??. Many thanks for any input. I have tried to upload a video on here
Your Brake Booster has failed. It's just happened to me (also at 15k miles), there's some further info in the Spares thread [viewtopic.php?t=1152&start=30] including the part numbers.
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
Juliok321

Post by Juliok321 »

Thank you!
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Juliok321 wrote: โ†‘Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:11 amThank you!
Sorry for the bad news. Let us know how you get on with your dealer; I don't have mine being seen for a few weeks yet.
Peter-E

Post by Peter-E »

Had the same issue last december. The car was at the dealer's for over a month because the part was in back order. You could ask your dealer for an 'urgent' delivery (my dealer used another term for it, but unfortunately I forgot). Apparently Honda has a two-tier system for spare parts orders. An 'ordinary' order (in my case, according to my dealer) could have lasted as long as three months...
Mine is a 06/2020 car, with 28000 km on the clock at the time the issue occured.
Good luck!
Juliok321

Post by Juliok321 »

thanks, i presume it was out of warranty then?, do you mind me asking what it cost ? (or if you know what it would have cost if it was in warranty?)
Thank you!
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

The lead time for the part is pretty scary. I did ask when I made the appointment with the dealer that they put the part on order, but they want to do their own assessment before they do so, which adds a load of time on top of the overall wait for a working car again (I totally understand why they'd want to wait, but being entirely car-less is not ideal for this length of time).
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Seems quite odd that happens to cars around the 20k to 30k kilometer mark.
All others that have passed that, don't seem to have it..
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + โœŒ๏ธ๐ŸŽ‚
Peter-E

Post by Peter-E »

Juliok321 wrote: โ†‘Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:25 pm thanks, i presume it was out of warranty then?, do you mind me asking what it cost ? (or if you know what it would have cost if it was in warranty?)
Thank you!
The part itself was almost 1800 euro VAT included. Total cost over 2100 euro. Indeed out of warranty. My dealer said he would try to get Honda Belgium to cover the cost, because apparently he found out that there were several similar cases (not sure if he meant only in Belgium). Honda refused because my car was originally registered in Spain (I bought in second hand in 2022).
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Peter-E wrote: โ†‘Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:08 am The part itself was almost 1800 euro VAT included. Total cost over 2100 euro. Indeed out of warranty. My dealer said he would try to get Honda Belgium to cover the cost, because apparently he found out that there were several similar cases (not sure if he meant only in Belgium). Honda refused because my car was originally registered in Spain (I bought in second hand in 2022).
:shock:

That's probably double what I was estimating for it. Interesting to hear that the dealer believed that there's a number of failures as that reflects what we're hearing here. That's a discussion I'll be having with my dealer, who was also the supplier of the car from new in August 2020.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post