E:ny1 for a day

The place to discuss everything else..
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

jonc wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:57 pm
iHansz wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:22 pm What was really not nice is the whining sound of the engine.
Omg yeah what is up with that?
is it so bad? in the E you can also hear the motor (i kind of like it be honest)
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂

iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Mailforkev wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:14 pm I don't think the e:Ny1 is a converted ICE though.

I know it looks just like the HRV but I don't think it actually has anything in common with the HRV.

I think it's either a new electric platform or based on something Chinese.
I was told, by a little birdie at Honda Europe, that this car had to be developed quickly to avoid losing the EV market in China. This car was developed in China at one of Honda's Chinese partners and not at Honda Japan. Because Honda stopped the e, there was demand from European dealers for it to also launch it in Europe, so Honda wouldn't lose the EV market here. Of course, Honda claims that this car is specially developed and has nothing to do with the HR-V. Yeah right. Subject this car to a thorough inspection and you'll see that a lot has been tinkered with. Just look at how the battery hangs under the car. As if it's a pot-bellied pig. :lol: It is not a bad car, but not a real Honda in my eyes.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

FDAD wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:38 pm is it so bad? in the E you can also hear the motor (i kind of like it be honest)
Yes, you can hear it above everything. :shock:
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
peniole

Post by peniole »

Ny1 even on lowest regen setting is nauseating. Remove your foot off the accelerator and it immediately slows down with a bit of noise dive. It doesn't like to coast. I suspect it's because they used the same setting on a fwd car or increased regen on the lowest setting.

I'm not super tall, just under 6ft, and I have to crane my neck sideways to get in, while in the e ingress and egress is much easier.

Yes the motor wine is annoying and much louder then the e.

You are correct it sits on a Chinese platform from their Dongfeng honda partner.

Center screen is high res and very responsive, but they removed most climate control buttons.

The e is in another class and is headed for classic status. The ny1 is not special at all.
OCD = obsessive compulsive detailer

'22 Advance
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

The recent price cuts/deals has meant that I've seen a couple in my local town over the past couple of months.

The senior leadership in the Honda car sector have been consistently making seriously poor decisions for at least the last 5 years.
I been concerned that they will soon be pulling out of the european car market completely.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
jonc

Post by jonc »

Agreed, the regen is way too strong. Also, there’s a noticeable “kick” when you accelerate in low speeds. It’s difficult to get a smooth acceleration curve when driving in creep traffic.

The longer range was nice.

Sound system is worse, at least compared to the sub woofer equipped e advance.

It doesn’t turn itself on when you enter the car, like the e does, and you have to manually turn it off when you exit. Maybe it’s a setting but I couldn’t find it.

The steering wheel is very similar, but three spoke instead of two like on the e. I prefer the two spoke as my hand rests at the bottom quite often.

And speaking of ergonomics. There’s a very wierd “lump” sticking up from the floor just beneath the drivers seat, which means I can’t rest my foot/feet there but rather have to have it in a more forward position. When driving long freeway stretches with ACC turned on I like to some times move my feet closer to me but this is not possible in this car.

The powered trunk opening is something I miss on the e, but I couldn’t open the trunk from the key or with a foot motion, which takes away much of the value.

Overall this is an ok EV, but I would not recommend buying it. There are better options.
2020 e Advance - Platinum White Pearl
mrdo

Post by mrdo »

Interested to hear if you know if it uses the My Honda app and any other software used in the e which might mean that the software would at least be maintained and even updated.
jonc

Post by jonc »

By the looks of it, it uses the same android automotive software stack as the e. I don’t know about the app.
2020 e Advance - Platinum White Pearl
mrdo

Post by mrdo »

jonc wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:31 am By the looks of it, it uses the same android automotive software stack as the e. I don’t know about the app.
Thanks - that's interesting.
Verone

Post by Verone »

Mailforkev wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:14 pm
iHansz wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:22 pm You do notice that the e:Ny1 is a 'converted' ICE.
I don't think the e:Ny1 is a converted ICE though.

I know it looks just like the HR-V but I don't think it actually has anything in common with the HRV.

I think it's either a new electric platform or based on something Chinese.
Yep, it's based on the RV series Honda HRV.

Honda pulled a Hyundai, and did the same with the HR-V as Hyundai did with the Kona when they produced the first generation Kona Electric.

Body, chassis, and non-powertrain running gear are all from the HR-V, with the battery and electric powertrain swapped out in place of the ICE hardware.

The e:NY1 / e:NS1 share a lot of their traction battery, BMS and electric running gear with the e.
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km