OBDII

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Can someone who has the car please tell us where is the OBD2 port? Is it easy accessable?

iHansz

Post by iHansz »

In my current Honda, it is in the fuse box (B) and if I look in the manual of the e too (see pink arrow). But beware, also had an OBD2 dongle installed, and worked fine with my iPhone, but it turned out to drain the battery when I didn't use the car for a while (for a week). So I don't dare anymore. :(

Zekering.jpg

Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Thank you iHansz. I also have a EUR 110 dongle that does not drain battery power when off. It has a special function to sleep so I never had a problem with it. Mine is the OBDLink. With Toyota is great, it gives you all data but with Honda is almost useless as extended PIDs for Hondas are not public. But I still will try to use it as much as I can.
So the port is near the accelerator pedal right? Is it accessible from underneath or you have to remove the panel to get there? The picture is not clear enough to understand.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

There’s a cover at the bottom left (because Dutch) of the dashboard/steering wheel for fuses, so there is also the OBD2 socket, but you have to be a contortionist to get it in... This is the brand of my dongle.

FBE4F18D-2A11-4A24-AE8E-546E16CC8E9A.jpeg

Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only