Honda e [Advance] Sound System

All Honda E related discussions
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Has anyone got any info were Honda got their speakers (brand)? and were the subwoofer is? ;) Sizes?

I have a set of 150 watt FOCAL + 250watt FOCAL sub with DSP in my CLA and want to make similar changes to the Honda. :P
The sound is not bad, only missing crispness and punch (both are normal in what comes with most cars).

[TOPIC UPDATE 23/06/2020]
Some observations.
The Honda e comes with a six-speaker 180-watt sound system, while the Honda e Advance receives an upgraded 376-watt premium audio system, with an external amp, 75-watt subwoofer located under the rear seat, and 45-watt centre speaker added as one of eight speakers for additional sound depth.
https://hondanews.eu/eu/et/cars/media/p ... honda-e-33
They say six speakers 180watt in the base model... (" while the Honda e Advance 376 + centre + sub") 1 centre + 1 sub + and 2-way stereo in each front door so 4, making the total 6 already.
One would think from the description that there are 6 speakers and the advance gets the watt increase + centre + sub, making the total 8.

These advertized numbers are all max watts. RMS usually is 50% of that, so:

376W/2= 188W RMS TOTAL
75W/2= 40W+-RMS (SUB)
45W/2=20+- RMS (CENTRE)
You have to subtract centre + sub from those totals
188w - 60w = 128 watts split between the two front doors. So.. 64w/door.
----------------------------------------
No wonder I thought this was a weak system after hearing it.
Last edited by FDAD on Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂

Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

I think there is a thread elsewhere here that states the speakers are from Pioneer
I would be interested to hear how you plan to swap speakers over? Photos and descriptions please 👍
bogga

Post by bogga »

Joolsdc wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:37 pm I think there is a thread elsewhere here that states the speakers are from Pioneer
I would be interested to hear how you plan to swap speakers over? Photos and descriptions please 👍
Pioneer was a guess as Honda have worked with them previously.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=185

The general consensus was that the factory fit sound system for the Advance model was mediocre.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

bogga wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:19 pm
Joolsdc wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:37 pm I think there is a thread elsewhere here that states the speakers are from Pioneer
Pioneer was a guess as Honda have worked with them previously.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=185

The general consensus was that the factory fit sound system for the Advance model was mediocre.
Unfortunately Most stock car sound systems are garbage. I can't find any info were the sub is in the car... the center speaker is hidden in than flimsy cover above the infotainment, but I still can't live with myself if I break it (so soon in the cars life at least :lol: )

I don't have the courage to do it :oops:
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

I read in a Dutch review that the sound system in the Advance is from Alpine and not from Pioneer. No idea where they got that from. If you search the Alpine site, you will find that they do deliver to Honda, but not for which models.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

I agree that the sound system is not fantastic. The B&O system in my Audi was pretty remarkable. However for what it is I am happy enough with it.
bogga

Post by bogga »

iHansz wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:06 pm I read in a Dutch review that the sound system in the Advance is from Alpine and not from Pioneer. No idea where they got that from. If you search the Alpine site, you will find that they do deliver to Honda, but not for which models.
Well there is a sub under the backseat, maybe it says the name of the brand there?
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

bogga wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:26 pm
iHansz wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:06 pm I read in a Dutch review that the sound system in the Advance is from Alpine and not from Pioneer. No idea where they got that from. If you search the Alpine site, you will find that they do deliver to Honda, but not for which models.
Well there is a sub under the backseat, maybe it says the name of the brand there?
How do you lift the back seat??
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

Maybe it's something dreamautomotive would be able to say at some point in the other thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=224 ? Seems like an obvious place to start looking into upgrades if that's what they're going to do :).
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Left4Cookies wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:58 am Maybe it's something dreamautomotive would be able to say at some point in the other thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=224 ? Seems like an obvious place to start looking into upgrades if that's what they're going to do :).
Going to keep a my eyes in that thread.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post