Honda e [Advance] Sound System

All Honda E related discussions
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

UPDATE

I've got my hands on the centre speaker, 5cm diam. The place were it sits has room for a 10cm one.
Some pictures for your guidance.

Webp.net-resizeimage_6.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage_5.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage_4.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage_3.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage_2.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂

Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Top join Fdad. Can you provide a bit more description? Was it easy to remove the cover? The cover only seems to have a 5cm vent/hole. How would the bigger driver cope? Also the driver looks reasonable. But not leading edge. What about the other speakers - are they easy to get to / replace as well?
Thanks for this - really good stuff. I feel the first improvement
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Joolsdc wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:06 pm Top join Fdad. Can you provide a bit more description? Was it easy to remove the cover? The cover only seems to have a 5cm vent/hole. How would the bigger driver cope? Also the driver looks reasonable. But not leading edge. What about the other speakers - are they easy to get to / replace as well?
Thanks for this - really good stuff. I feel the first improvement
Very difficult without breaking... you have to lift the metal clips first and then run a credit card or something similar from the sides.. right before releasing the 2 back clips you have to slide it in your direction moving up. I used a flat tip knife with tape to lift the metal clips. The plastic is very flimsy.. take your time.

Meh.. the driver is what one would expect in a car.. but far from reasonable. This one supposedly is a center/mid channel so the vent might be small but a larger speaker uses a size cone that will fill the same vent space... a Tang Band W3-1797S 3" seems a great replacement, better quality and sound. I haven't disassembled the doors but as it doesn't have any screws..it must use metal clips also.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Thanks FDAD. Do you have a photo of the dashboard hole, with the speaker removed? Because I was wondering how you’d fix in say a 10cm speaker - as the screws go into 5cm apart holes.
Nice job by the way
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Joolsdc wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:58 am Thanks FDAD. Do you have a photo of the dashboard hole, with the speaker removed? Because I was wondering how you’d fix in say a 10cm speaker - as the screws go into 5cm apart holes.
Nice job by the way
Unfortunately I missed that part...
That will be the least of my problems I'm accustomed with making custom brackets etc... I'll manage it somehow.

The hard part will be the doors, the trim seems very difficult. Haven't tried it.. yet.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Bogga did you take photos of how to lift the back seat to get to the sub?
bogga

Post by bogga »

Joolsdc wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:09 am Bogga did you take photos of how to lift the back seat to get to the sub?
No, as my car hasn't arrived yet :D I just found out the location and thought it might be pretty easy to get to, as opposed to the other speakers. Turns out the centre speaker is the easiest to get to and that doesn't have the manufacturer's name printed on it. :(
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

What's the brand of the speaker?
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

I wonder what the 2 dates under the speaker cover mean. June 2019 and February 2020.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

bogga wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:17 am No, as my car hasn't arrived yet :D I just found out the location and thought it might be pretty easy to get to, as opposed to the other speakers. Turns out the centre speaker is the easiest to get to and that doesn't have the manufacturer's name printed on it. :(
The back seat seems only secured by bolts, requiring the back seat to be fully taken out to get to the sub.. :? .

OEM's rarely have any name in them..just part numbers.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post