HONDA e [NUDE/BARE]

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Reuben80 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:12 am He said how good the suspension is. It is made for maximum comfort and grip. He said that the motor is a performance motor so low economy. It's a car made for performance and not economy in mind as even the rear tyres are wider than front.

My personal comment: if you want good economy don't make the motor work so much. Give it little gas as you can everywhere.
The YouTuber 'The EV Puzzle' emphatically disagrees and say that his Hyundai Kona Electric handles and drives way better :o
My view is that the Honda handles the poor UK roads extremely well and also handles well.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:19 am
Reuben80 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:12 am He said how good the suspension is. It is made for maximum comfort and grip. He said that the motor is a performance motor so low economy. It's a car made for performance and not economy in mind as even the rear tyres are wider than front.

My personal comment: if you want good economy don't make the motor work so much. Give it little gas as you can everywhere.
The YouTuber 'The EV Puzzle' emphatically disagrees and say that his Hyundai Kona Electric handles and drives way better :o
My view is that the Honda handles the poor UK roads extremely well and also handles well.
That is why you should never believe what others say. Judge yourself without being influenced.
londiniumperson

Reuben80 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:35 am

That is why you should never believe what others say. Judge yourself without being influenced.
If I believed the reviews to date on the Honda, then I would have walked months ago.

I learnt many years not to believe so called journalists (I know The EV Puzzle isn't one), they will write/say whatever it takes to get their article printed to make money. I remember listening to all of the glowing reviews of the Vauxhall Corsa 1.5TD & bought a used one, only to soon discover the reviewers just copied each other. It was seriously flawed i.e a small high boost turbo on a diesel resulted in a quick car if you could keep it in the narrow 1000rpm power band at the top of the rev range or economical and slow/no torque if driven under 2000rpm, but an absolute nightmare as a daily commuter, plus very expensive to run with 5000 mile services as I was driving 30k mile/pa, so had to service every 2 months :cry: Replacement parts were also extortionate with long lead times because it has a Japanese engine and parts were rarely kept in stock. Because of this I will never buy a Vauxhall again.
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:53 am
Reuben80 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:35 am
If I believed the reviews to date on the Honda, then I would have walked months ago.

I learnt many years not to believe so called journalists (I know The EV Puzzle isn't one), they will write/say whatever it takes to get their article printed to make money. I remember listening to all of the glowing reviews of the Vauxhall Corsa 1.5TD & bought a used one, only to soon discover the reviewers just copied each other. It was seriously flawed i.e a small high boost turbo on a diesel resulted in a quick car if you could keep it in the narrow 1000rpm power band at the top of the rev range or economical and slow/no torque if driven under 2000rpm, but an absolute nightmare as a daily commuter, plus very expensive to run with 5000 mile services as I was driving 30k mile/pa, so had to service every 2 months :cry: Replacement parts were also extortionate with long lead times because it has a Japanese engine and parts were rarely kept in stock. Because of this I will never buy a Vauxhall again.
Do you own a Honda E now? I am waiting for some proper owner reviews. People that live with a car on a daily basis can give one a far better review IMHO.
londiniumperson

@renedekat Yes I do, I originally collected on Monday 17th from the dealer, drive 3 miles to have it partially PPF'd & ceramic coated before picking it up yesterday 19th Aug.
I'll probably post a separate thread on my thoughts to make it easier for others to find in the future rather then have it on this thread.
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:02 pm @renedekat Yes I do, I originally collected on Monday 17th from the dealer, drive 3 miles to have it partially PPF'd & ceramic coated before picking it up yesterday 19th Aug.
I'll probably post a separate thread on my thoughts to make it easier for others to find in the future rather then have it on this thread.
Nice! I think we met on a YouTube comment section earlier this month. Mike?
londiniumperson

renedekat wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:08 pm
londiniumperson wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:02 pm @renedekat Yes I do, I originally collected on Monday 17th from the dealer, drive 3 miles to have it partially PPF'd & ceramic coated before picking it up yesterday 19th Aug.
Nice! I think we met on a YouTube comment section earlier this month. Mike?
Correct - 'Honda E - A Breath Of Fresh Air In A Room Full Of Farts!'
Patte

Post by Patte »

Nice to hear.

Do we know if PPF on the front grille could interfere with cameras and other sensors.

I guess this has been tasted and verified by users of other cars, not just EVs.

Is it ok to put ppf over cameras or do you have to make a cut out for them?
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Would be good to see the end result, having londiniumperson as a sacrifice for us lol
I assume that having the camera lens part cut out it would create a lot of dirt to accumulate at the edge of the ppf.
londiniumperson

Patte wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:37 pm
Nice to hear.

Do we know if PPF on the front grille could interfere with cameras and other sensors.

I guess this has been tasted and verified by users of other cars, not just EVs.

Is it ok to put ppf over cameras or do you have to make a cut out for them?
My PPF covers the whole front panel and I've had no issues with the cameras/ACC radar, etc

Before I post any pics I need to rinse the car off, it's pretty grubby with all the driving in the rain & today driving down a farm track.
However as a taster here's the one that I took in the rain when I collected it (note that what appears to be dirt on the lower front valance is a reflection off the ground):

2020-08-19 Ceramic Coated & PPFd (Small).jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post