Charge to 80% or 100%?

All Honda E related discussions
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

MaXPainT wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:29 pm I would not be so sure about the Honda engineers part. As I see it, Honda has made a concept car and as with any concept car, the team behind it got a green light to all their wild ideas. The concept was extremely successful and even won an award for its design. So the concept or the marketing team convinced the conservative Honda management that they should let this car exist as a production model. Honda then promptly converts the concept to a production model using off-the-shelf solutions for the EV part of it and puts it on the market. The car doesn't sell volumes so the conservative management uses it to prove the point that they were right and should not have agreed to produce it in the first place.
Sorry but this is incorrect, Honda started with the production car and then later created the concept. Unusual maybe but the reality in the case of the Honda e.
MaXPainT wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:29 pm This hypothesis explains why Honda was almost not willing to sell the E, why there were no attempts to improve sales with a revised model, and why the new Honda EVs are nothing like the E. I think that the real engineers of Honda, the A team are only now learning how to deal with an EV powertrain, therefore, it takes ages for Honda to produce new models. What we know for sure is that lithium batteries like it best when charged halfway, therefore, if one can fit it into their lifestyle, I would recommend charging up to 80% and avoiding discharging below 40% regardless of what the manual says. I think I've seen something about oil change intervals in the manual of my E so I don't trust it that much :D
It's not surprising that you've seen mention of oil change intervals in the manual of the Honda e because like all EV's there is actually a requirement to change the oil at the specified mileages.

Also what have you based your reasoning on when recommending only using the range between 80% & 40% of the battery capacity?
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post