Audio Settings

All Honda E related discussions
bogga

Post by bogga »

Hi,

FWIW... with my standard speaker setup, these are my audio settings...... that sounds... urrm... okayish... anyone have better settings for the standard speakers... I know it's very much up to personal preference and the style of music... thoughts?

2020-10-09 13_01_04-Amazon Photos.png

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

bogga wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:02 pm Hi,

FWIW... with my standard speaker setup, these are my audio settings...... that sounds... urrm... okayish... anyone have better settings for the standard speakers... I know it's very much up to personal preference and the style of music... thoughts?

2020-10-09 13_01_04-Amazon Photos.png
I've found that the only way I can get anything worth listening to out of the e's "Premium" audio system :roll: is to shift the fader right back. I noticed that the audio on default seemed what I would describe as muddy and "all up in my face" - like it was concentrated on the crappy front centre 'speaker - so I adjusted the fader control, and as soon as I moved it towards the rear I realised that the volume from the rear 'speakers was really low compared to the fronts at default. I found that I only got sound that was positionally balanced (for me, the driver) when the front/rear fader was about two stops from right at the back. Just doing this alone was a noticeable improvement in audio, probably mainly because now I am at least hearing sound from all the 'speakers!.

Anyway, the other thing I find is that the sound seems to be all midrange, to the extent that my settings have the mid turned right down to -6 and the treble +6 to even begin to compensate.

Next, the subwoofer. It's like the crossover is all wrong for this sub and as a result too much of the audio is push through it, resulting in a boomy mess. I find I constantly have to tweak the sub setting depending on the content being played.

All in all, the audio system is the biggest let down on the car - and that includes the poor range!
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I must be weirdly tolerant or something, my flac audio files from my phone sound quite good, quite a mix of music styles, and only have to raise the volume to around 14-15 to get a decent enough volume level to counteract the tyre noise
Ex e owner
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

milligoon wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:59 am I must be weirdly tolerant or something, my flac audio files from my phone sound quite good, quite a mix of music styles, and only have to raise the volume to around 14-15 to get a decent enough volume level to counteract the tyre noise
I’ve been totally spoilt by the stock audio system in my R36, which isn’t even the Dynaudio “upgrade” option that apparently would have been available to whoever spec’d the car. The e doesn’t even come close, yet this Advance model is hailed as having an eight speaker 376 W (more than twice the power of the standard model) sound system with subwoofer.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Maybe the setup is more suited to an old fogey like me our hearing obviously is less capable than young whippersnappers!
Ex e owner
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

There's always the Audio Off button! I actually think it's OK for OEM car audio. I think it's better than my current Audi/Bang and Olufsen system.

I've had a number of modest after-market systems (Pioneer and Clarion head-units, various amplification and speaker/subwoofer options) over the years and nothing standard is going to compete with any of them! Unfair contest though.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

ChesterUK wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:32 am There's always the Audio Off button! I actually think it's OK for OEM car audio. I think it's better than my current Audi/Bang and Olufsen system.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

ChesterUK wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:32 am There's always the Audio Off button! I actually think it's OK for OEM car audio. I think it's better than my current Audi/Bang and Olufsen system.

I've had a number of modest after-market systems (Pioneer and Clarion head-units, various amplification and speaker/subwoofer options) over the years and nothing standard is going to compete with any of them! Unfair contest though.
IMHO B&O have always been visual aesthetic over actual audio quality - so totally pointless for in-car audio.

As I've said, I've got the stock audio on my R36, and it sounds amazing, so it's not unreasonable to expect decent audio from the manufacturers "premium" offering.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

B&O is simply rebadged or refronted other makers kit, a long time back they used a lot of Phillips stuff and simply rehoused it made fancy looking buttons and cost 10x as much, recently they have been rebadging Oppo AV kit and reflashing the ROMs to have their logos.
Ex e owner
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

milligoon wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:27 am B&O is simply rebadged or refronted other makers kit, a long time back they used a lot of Phillips stuff and simply rehoused it made fancy looking buttons and cost 10x as much, recently they have been rebadging Oppo AV kit and reflashing the ROMs to have their logos.
I knew this was the case with their TVs, but didn't know they did it with the audio gear too. It figures.