Window not fully closed when door locked

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Benji

Post by Benji »

MainMind wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:18 am
MainMind wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:53 pm
Also, i will try:

This process works in Honda E and solve the problem.
I'm having trouble understanding the procedure for calibrating the window because nobody explains it clearly. I have a few questions:

1. Should I always open the driver's door, or should I open the door I am calibrating?
2. Should I always use the driver's side window buttons, or should I use the window button on the door I am calibrating?
3. In the video, they mention "second position" on the ignition lock. Does that refer to two taps on the Honda E power button?

Additionally, I've noticed a potential issue when calibrating any of the windows on the Honda E. The windows don't have trims, and the procedure requires the door to be open. This seems problematic because the window would always go too far up without a trim.

When I followed the instructions in the video with the driver's door open, I attempted to calibrate the passenger's side window multiple times. I rolled the window down and followed the steps shown in the video, but the window remained down and wouldn't move up at all from the driver's side. It appears to enter some sort of calibration mode. However, the only way I can get it to rise again is by using the button on the passenger's side, and it works perfectly fine there.

Furthermore, the auto up/down feature never stops working on the window, indicating that the procedure may not have been done correctly. I've tried various methods such as holding the button down for 5 or 10 seconds, pressing up and down, and using auto up and auto down, but the window always stays slightly too low. While it goes over the seal, preventing water from coming in, wind starts to come in when driving at 120 km/h.

The most ironic part is that I initially had a problem where the window would make a thumping noise and move up and down slowly. I took it to the dealer, where they recalibrated the window, and I was initially happy with the fix. However, the first time I drove at 120 km/h, I noticed that the window doesn't go all the way up. It seems like the dealer recalibrated it "slightly too low," possibly by placing something between the glass.

Unfortunately, the warranty on this vehicle has expired, and I fear that I'll have to bear the cost of the dealer's mistake, as is often the case. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could provide the correct instructions for calibrating the passenger's side window accurately.

20230716_194458.jpg

Fed

Post by Fed »

My passenger side window is also affected, bringin the car in on Friday. Should be fixed under warranty, will let you know the outcome.
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

Try lube the rubber with sone silicone. This fixed ours twice now
Fed

Post by Fed »

Trykpaa wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:42 pm Try lube the rubber with sone silicone. This fixed ours twice now
Would that be at the base of the window where it comes out of the door ?
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

Fed wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:05 pm
Trykpaa wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:42 pm Try lube the rubber with sone silicone. This fixed ours twice now
Would that be at the base of the window where it comes out of the door ?
No. Along the window gasket on the 3 sides from rear to front.
Fed

Post by Fed »

Back from the dealer, the source of the issue was diagnosed as coming from the passenger side door handle. The car is apparently receiving a message from the handle that the door is being opened.
I will bring the car back when the replacement parts have arrived and keep you all updated on the outcome.

I was not expecting this but it does sound plausible...
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Pretty much every thread on this forum relating to windows not working properly, the root cause is always the door handle.

I actually suspect there are 2 sensors, one in the door handle and one in the latch - it will be interesting to see if the new handle fixes the issue.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

A 3rd replacement door handle fixed the window issue on my car.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Fed

Post by Fed »

Had the passenger side door handle changed under warranty, will report in a while if this has eliminated completely the window issue.
hondaeboy

Post by hondaeboy »

londiniumperson wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:12 pm A 3rd replacement door handle fixed the window issue on my car.
As far as I've experienced, the issue is caused by fog or liquid on a sensor in the door handle. I've consistently had it happen after power washed 'into' the door handle. As soon as the fog had dried up, the issue also disappeared. But, yeah, replacing the door handle every time would obviously help as well. :D
2021 Honda e Advance on 16" RC30 wheels with Goodyear 195/55 & 205/55 tyres.
Wrapped in Red metallic with full black and cinnamon leather interior.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post